17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 187

0 members and 187 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Caroline Corley (former KTCL/KBPI/KXPK jock) Suddenly Passes Away

I hate to post this, because I just can't believe it... I'm in shock... She was a good friend and an all around great person (unless you were Keanu Reeves LOL)... I had just chatted with her last week.

Caroline Corley, who did shifts around Denver back in the 90's (KTCL, KBPI, KXPK) suddenly passed away this morning (11/25/13) after doing her morning shift on WXPK 107.1 FM (The Peak), White Plains, New York. This is the information I was given:

"Caroline Corley suddenly just died this morning. Apparently felt dizzy and a neighbor somehow got involved and called the medics who got there quickly. But after working with her for somewhere around 30-45 minutes, they were unable to revive her. This was after she had done her morning show at 107.1 the Peak which she loved doing."

RIP CAROLINE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caroline.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	309

Default WXPK's Caroline Corley Dies Suddenly

From All Access:

Condolences to the family and friends of PAMAL Triple A WXPK (107.1 THE PEAK)/WHITE PLAINS, NY morning queen CAROLINE CORLEY, who died unexpectedly MONDAY, NOVEMBER 25th, shortly after finishing her morning show.

“My former wife CAROLINE MURE CORLEY suddenly just died this morning. Apparently felt dizzy and a neighbor somehow got involved and called the medics who got there quickly,” THE HUDSON VALLEY REPORTER quoted CHRISTOPHER CORLEY as writing on social media. “But after working with her for somewhere around 30-45 minutes, they were unable to revive her. This was after she had done her morning show at 107.1 THE PEAK, which she loved doing.”

“CAROLINE was part of THE PEAK from its very first hours some nine-and-a-half years ago. A brilliant broadcaster and seeker of truth, CAROLINE had the biggest personality of anybody I’ve ever met,” wrote PD CHRIS HERRMANN. “THE PEAK will never be the same without her. Rest In Peace my friend.”

more

Default DJ Caroline Corley: Cause of death unknown; memorial planned

From: http://www.lohud.com/article/2013112...morial-planned

DJ Caroline Corley: Cause of death unknown; memorial planned

http://www.lohud.com/videonetwork/28...The-Peak-107-1

The Westchester County Medical Examiner’s Office said today it may be several weeks until they can determine the cause of death for popular DJ Caroline Corley of Westchester’s The Peak radio station, who died suddenly on Monday after finishing her morning show.

Fans, friends and former colleagues continued to mourn the death of the vivacious Corley, who was having difficulty breathing outside her Elmsford home and was transported to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla, where she was pronounced dead. She was 52.

Her colleague, Jimmy Fink, took over the 6 to 10 a.m. morning slot for Corley and thanked fans for the outpouring of love they showered on the DJ, who was known for calling skinny rock stars with long hair and guitars her “boyfriends.”

Reeve Carney, who portrayed Spider-Man in “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark” on Broadway, tweeted: “Devastated to hear the news about my dear friend Caroline Corley. An incredible woman and talent. Sending my love to @1071_thepeak.”

The coroner’s office says initial tests were inconclusive and “the cause of death is pending further study and investigation.”

Chris Herrmann, program manager at The Peak, said the station is contemplating a “proper Irish wake” for Corley, “where someone can have a drink, listen to music and share stories.”

He said he has heard from Willie Nile, Joan Osborne and Westchester’s Rob Thomas of Matchbox Twenty, all of whom have expressed interest in a memorial concert or get-together.

“It’s looking like it’ll be January, when a lot of people aren’t on tour, at a date and venue to be determined,” Herrmann said, adding that there would be a fundraising portion, potentially to establish a young broadcaster’s scholarship in Corley’s name.

“She would love that,” Herrmann said.

Corley taught music at the College of Westchester and invited her students to tour the station.

Thread Information