12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 206

0 members and 206 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,461
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,500)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default WPRO-FM Sets Details For Giovanni's Retirement Weekend & 50th Anniversary Of Format

From Radio Insight:

With Cumulus Media CHR “92 Pro-FM” WPRO-FM Providence morning host Daniel ?Giovanni? Centofanti set to retire on Monday, April 29, the station has announced its plans to celebrate their outgoing morning host after 50 years at the station this weekend.
    WPRO-FM will celebrate their 50th anniversary as being a Top 40 station this weekend with a ?Gio Takeover Weekend? on Saturday, April 27 from 9am to 2pm and Sunday, April 28 from 12 to 2pm. The specials will feature “some of the biggest hits that the station broke worldwide” such as Britney Spears’ “Baby, One More Time”, Giovanni’s memories, and celebratory messages for Gio and the station from colleagues, artists, celebrities and more. The station
    Giovanni’s final show on Monday, April 29 coincides with the actual 50th anniversary of WPRO-FM flipping to Top 40 in 1974. Giovanni joined the station that year as a programming assistant and fill-in host. He would rise through the ranks spending time in every daypart except afternoons and had a long run as Production Director before moving to mornings in 1999. He would be paired with Kim Zandy until her exit last year when Bekah Burger moved over from sister Rhythmic ?Hot 106? WWKX.
    Giovanni commented, “WPRO-FM has been my home for 50 years, but I chose April 29th*for my final show as that is the day in 1974 that we became a Top 40 station. It has been an honor to play the hits all these years, work with amazing teammates and, most of all, get to know all our wonderful listeners in Southern New England! Radio may have changed in 50 years but what has not is the amazing connections that we make in our communities, and that is what I will miss the most.*It?s been an honor to be behind the mic and play the hits for 50 years at 92PRO-FM. I am the luckiest guy in radio!”
    Cumulus Providence/New London RVP/Market Manager Holly Paras stated, ?As we celebrate 50 years of Top 40 radio on 92PRO-FM, I want to express my gratitude to Giovanni for his commitment to this radio station for its entire run, providing entertaining and fun content and most importantly, for the connection he?s made with our community. I wish Gio the very best in his retirement.?

more

Thread Information