14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 567

0 members and 567 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,610
Threads: 25,386
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,425)
Welcome to our newest member, MayHinson4

Visitor Map

Default MIW Tabs Erica Farber As Inaugural Impact Award Winner

From Radio Insight:

Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio, Inc. (MIW), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of female leadership in radio broadcasting, proudly announces the remarkably deserving Erica Farber, President & Chief Executive Officer of the Radio Advertising Bureau as the recipient of its inaugural ?Impact Award.? This prestigious new accolade is dedicated to honoring a woman who has effected positive change on multiple fronts. A true champion of service, this individual actively engages with impactful organizations, generously contributing their time, wisdom, network, and resources. They are deeply involved, consistently doing the work necessary to drive meaningful change.
    For over 12 years, Erica has served as President and CEO of the RAB (Radio Advertising Bureau). Her advocacy for the broadcasting industry has helped drive business, grow advertising revenue, and communicate Radio’s digital transition. Prior to the RAB, Farber was the CEO of the radio consulting and Internet service provider, The Farber Connection LLC, a firm she founded in 2010. During her fifteen-year tenure at Radio & Records, Farber held various positions including COO, President, Publisher, and CEO.
    Farber has held nearly every position in Radio Sales & Management including rising through the ranks at the INTEREP Companies and serving as Executive Vice President/Radio Development Director. During the early years of her career, she held positions at KRTH-FM, KABC-TV, and KIIS-AM in Los Angeles. Her radio management career grew quickly when she was appointed General Sales Manager and General Manager of WROR-FM in Boston in the same year. Her success then led to an appointment as Vice President/General Manager of WXLO-FM, In New York. In 2021, Farber was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame, marking a pinnacle achievement in a career dedicated to excellence and innovation in the radio industry. Erica is a founding member of Mentoring and Inspiring Women in Radio Inc, and is an active and integral member of the board.
    Going forward, recipients of this honor will be awarded with The Erica Farber Impact Award, as the award will carry her name far into the future.

Said MIW Board President Ruth Presslaff,* ?What more can be said about Erica that hasn?t yet been said? She is a strategic thinker and true trendsetter who gives generously of her time and wisdom. MIW is*a better organization because of her.* The industry has been enriched in countless ways because of her. What an impact this woman has made!?
    ?I am deeply honored,? Erica stated. ?Being recognized by such influential women in the industry is incredibly meaningful and humbling to me. I owe immense gratitude to the mentors and inspirational women who have supported and uplifted me along the way. They are the foundation of my success. My heartfelt thanks go to Ruth and the MIW Board, and to all of you who share my passion for radio and the impactful work we are privileged to do every day.?

more

Thread Information