7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 513

1 members and 512 guests
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,610
Threads: 25,382
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,421)
Welcome to our newest member, MayHinson4

Visitor Map

Default Matt Pinfield Joins The SoCal Sound

From Radio Insight:

Following Julie Slater’s promotion to Music Director, Cal State University Northridge and Saddleback University AAA ?88.5 The SoCal Sound? KCSN Northridge/KSBR Mission Viejo CA has filled the other part of Andy Chanley’s former roles as Matt Pinfield joins the station as afternoon host from 2-6pm.
    Pinfield, best known for his time as host of “120 Minutes” at MTV from 1995-1999 and 2011-2013, began his career in radio at “FM 106.3” WHTG-FM Eatontown NJ from 1984-94 and would later spend time at “92.3 K-Rock” WXRK and 101.9 WRXP New York, multiple SiriusXM channels, and mornings at 104.5 KFOG San Francisco. He currently hosts a Sunday night new music show on Meruelo Media’s 95.5 KLOS Los Angeles and Westwood One’s “Flashback“.
    GM Patrick Obsurn stated, ?When we unexpectedly had the afternoon drive slot open up, we were so happy to have someone of Matt Pinfield?s stature available*to step in. We believe that someone with Matt?s level of notoriety*in the industry will help us continue to grow and foster the national recognition we have enjoyed the last few years. With the addition of Matt to our roster, The SoCal Sound truly has a deep bench of talented DJs.”
    Pinfield added, ?I immediately bonded with Program Director ?Mookie? Kaczor and Pat (Osburn) over their passion for radio and music discovery. My history with the on-air staff goes back a long way. Nic Harcourt and I have been friends since the ?90s, when he was at WDST in Woodstock and I was in Asbury Park at WHTG. We were both music and program directors on the air when there were only 14 commercial alternative radio stations in the US. Julie Slater and I also worked together at WXRK in New York City.*I know I am among friends and look forward to this opportunity to share my undying love for radio, and new music with the 88.5 community.?
    Pinfield takes the afternoon drive slot that was held by Andy Chanley until his move to WXRT Chicago last month.

more

Thread Information