12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 208

0 members and 208 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,421
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,460)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default Civic Media Launches New Midday Lineup Across Twelve Wisconsin Talkers

From Radio Insight:

Civic Media is launching a new midday lineup across its network of twelve Liberal Talk stations in Wisconsin.
    Jane Matenaer’s “Matenaer On Air” featuring comedian Greg Bach will air across the network from 10am to 12pm. Matenaer took over hosting duties in January following Kristin Brey’s jump to WTMJ Milwaukee. She joined Civic Media in 2022 as a newscaster and producer after previously co-anchoring mornings on WTMJ from 2015-22 after five years in mornings at AC ?B93.3? WLDB and 25 years at ?99.1 The Mix? WMYX Milwaukee.
    ?I?m so proud to be a part of Civic Media and our mission of keeping hometown radio alive. It is a joy to be able to break down the news of the day, along with finding the lighter side of issues Wisconsinites care about,? Matenaer says. ?From childcare to clean water to animal rescue organizations and many more, it continues to be the honor of my life to be welcomed into people?s lives each and every day.?
    The Todd Allbaugh Show will follow from 12-2pm. Allbaugh joined the network with their acquisition of WRCO Richland Center WI in 2022 where he spent 17 years. ?It?s an amazing privilege to work for a statewide network and have conversations with our listeners,? Allbaugh said. ?As we take our show across Wisconsin, I?m reminded there?s more that unites than divides us, and I?m excited to tell those stories.?
    Maggie Daun will move from 6-7pm to host from 2-4pm. The attorney/economist also serves as General Counsel for Civic Media. She recently worked as Corporation Counsel for Milwaukee County and held roles as congressional staffer and federal appeals court clerk. WMDX Madison and WFHR Wisconsin Rapids will only carry Daun’s first hour due to local programming. Daun said, “I am beyond thrilled to start in my new mid-day time slot. This is a crucial time for politics in our state, and I am excited to continue sharing my knowledge, having conversations with our listeners about holding our government accountable at all levels, and pushing for the efficiency and effectiveness needed so that it helps all of the communities it is meant to serve.?
    Civic Media Program Director Kathryn Lake commented, ?Wisconsinites will play a crucial role this year in determining who represents the state in Madison and in the nation?s capital. The experience Jane Matenaer, Todd Allbaugh and Maggie Daun bring to the mid-day microphones will provide listeners across the state compelling stories and important updates about what is happening in their communities and throughout Wisconsin.?
    The stations will each carrying local and regional morning shows and the Devil’s Advocates in afternoons from 4-6pm.

more

Thread Information