14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 561

0 members and 561 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,610
Threads: 25,386
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,425)
Welcome to our newest member, MayHinson4

Visitor Map

Default Pillar Of Fire Acquires Max Media's Denver Stations FLO 107.1 FM KFCO & Jammin 101.5 FM KJHM

Pillar of Fire has agreed to acquire Max Media?s Rhythmic AC ?Jammin 101.5? KJHM Watkins and Classic Hip Hop ?Flo 107.1? KFCO Bennett/Denver. CO for $7.775 million.
    The two stations will join Pillar?s Christian Preaching 910 KPOF/102.7 K274DF Denver as well as Christian AC?s ?Star 93.3? WAKW Cincinnati and ?Star 99.1? WAWZ Zarepath NJ in Pillar?s holdings. Max Media retains its stations in Norfolk VA, Cape Girardeau MO, and Carbondale IL.
    Pillar of Fire has filed with the FCC to purchase KFCO & KJHM FM.
    The pending purchase will expand the Pillar Media group to five local radio stations, including WAWZ/Middlesex-Somerset-Union (STAR 99.1), WAKW/Cincinnati (STAR 93.3) and KPOF/Denver (AM 910).
    Art Garza, Director of Broadcasting for Pillar Media said, ?We are grateful to the Lord for this incredible opportunity. It?s been a prayer of the Pillar of Fire Board for many years to expand its ministry in Denver. Consequently, we are thrilled and blessed for the opportunity to expand our ministry through these two FM stations.?
    Matt Stockman, Pillar Media Brand Director, responded, ?We are thrilled to serve the Denver community with 3 local radio stations all offering uplifting music and positive stories to different audiences, but with the singular mission of encouraging the Mile High City into a growing relationship with Jesus!?
    Pillar of Fire has operated a non-profit radio ministry in the Denver market since 1928, through KPOF AM 910.
    Greg Guy of Tideline Partners, based in Hilton Head, SC, was the exclusive broker for Pillar Media.

more

According to RadioInsight this week, KJHM will become Christian AC "Star 101.5," while KFCO will become "Kingdom 107.1."

Both stations went off the air at 8 pm tonight. I was flipping back and fourth between the stations when I stepped out of my car for a few minutes. When I came back, both were silent.

At 9:50 pm, 107.1 is back on identifying as "Positive hip-hop for Denver, Kingdom 107.1." 101.5 is still off the air.

Kingdom (another one for 107.1's history book).. Positive Hip Hop? Is there such a thing called that? And well ok.. so Denver is filled up with tons of Christians stations.. KRKS, WayFM, K -Lov.. And Air One... Now this? Sad that this happened, Denver lost a great Jammin station.
    To bad the owner of Max Media couldn't think about who else he could have sold those two stations to other then Piller of Fire. I am sure they well not get many accounts with those 2 stations.. They couldn't even set up a stream for 101.5.. So I hope a denver station well think about switch to Jammin format and bring it back.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Kingdom (another one for 107.1's history book).. Positive Hip Hop? Is there such a thing called that? And well ok.. so Denver is filled up with tons of Christians stations.. KRKS, WayFM, K -Lov.. And Air One... Now this? Sad that this happened, Denver lost a great Jammin station.
    To bad the owner of Max Media couldn't think about who else he could have sold those two stations to other then Piller of Fire. I am sure they well not get many accounts with those 2 stations.. They couldn't even set up a stream for 101.5.. So I hope a denver station well think about switch to Jammin format and bring it back.
    I have never heard of Positive Hip Hop either. I've heard of other " Positive" genres of music but Positive Hip Hop, That's a first

Well I couldn't find much on Up beat Hip Hop Music anywhere... so another doom format for 107.1 again.. I wonder why the owner of Max Media went with Pillar of Fire in the first place? And is anyone going to listen to Star 101.5 at all?
    I wonder about that?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Thread Information