12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 91

0 members and 91 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,631
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,669)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Default LABF to Honor David Gleason for Broadcast Preservation

From Radio Online:

Broadcaster David Gleason will be honored with the inaugural Library of American Broadcasting Foundation's (LABF) Excellence in Broadcast Preservation Award in recognition of his outstanding dedication and commitment to preserving broadcast history. The presentation will take place at NAB Show New

More...

David Gleason is a tool. He moderates the Radio Discussion website. It appears to me its sole purpose is to serve as a vanity project for him to obtain sycophants to like his comments and be snarky and unwelcoming towards newer non-radio industry contributors and anyone else he thinks challenges him. Told me not to post on his website unless I can provide statistics over an opinion/commentary I posted, which make no sense. How do you provided statistics on an opinion? Then, he flipped out and went spastic rattling off a bunch of radio station call letters to try to prove I was wrong. Additionally, a lot of other people posted opinions and commentaries on the site, none with statistics, but for some reason he singled me out. Said CHR stood for Current Hits Radio when it actually stands for Contemporary Hit Radio. Another poster had to tip-toe around him to correct him. He singled me out on another discussion about the number of radio stations that were changing to religious formats, attributing a comment made by another user to me, which was then obnoxiously mentioned repeatedly in every one of his replies to comments I posted afterward. He wouldn’t let it go. It apparently challenged him when I spoke as a listener about how bad radio stations are for running the same 20 songs into the ground as he supposedly contributed to or supports the researching of those songs and believes that’s what people want to hear. He was totally uninterested in hearing anything from a listener’s perspective; my comments were immediately slammed as wrong. He could educate himself by hearing why a listener such as myself now turns to streaming instead of listening to the radio but instead chooses to believe in what the market research says and discourage any poster’s input that challenges that because he can’t handle being wrong. He’s a bitter, old, obnoxious know-it-all type radio programmer with unsteady employment that fronts his insecurities with arrogance and by treating people who put him back in his place rudely. At least one other user on RD called him out for being a know-it-all, and a user on the Pulse World site commented about the Radio Discussions site saying “Very elitist group of members it seems that deconstruct every post made by others and do not welcome any kind of dissent. I have seen several complaints about the site from others*.”

Thread Information