14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 190

0 members and 190 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,289
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,329)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Will from the KRWZ's website they already removed the 103.1 frequency and any relations to it. I am still wondering how they are going to manage to do this? 103.1 doesn't have a studio it is just a repeater.
    k
    This post came from Radiodude!

So 103.1 just broadcast on whatever is on 98.5 hd 2? Wow. Btw ever thought about that Lincoln might be sold to the worst radio company in America? Cumlus?
    I bet anything that is why all this is taking place? They are preparing to be sold to them, and why no one wants to be part of the morning show at all anymor eon KYGO. In fact I bet anything that if this does take place that KYGO won't be around much longer.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Will from the KRWZ's website they already removed the 103.1 frequency and any relations to it. I am still wondering how they are going to manage to do this? 103.1 doesn't have a studio it is just a repeater.
    k
    Lincoln probably already has a studio or a closet with a computer setup for the new format that will be on KYGO 98.5 FM HD-2/103.1 FM. It's not that hard to setup a new feed... just a laptop these days...

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    So 103.1 just broadcast on whatever is on 98.5 hd 2? Wow. Btw ever thought about that Lincoln might be sold to the worst radio company in America? Cumlus?
    I bet anything that is why all this is taking place? They are preparing to be sold to them, and why no one wants to be part of the morning show at all anymor eon KYGO. In fact I bet anything that if this does take place that KYGO won't be around much longer.

Why do you think Lincoln is selling these stations to Cumulus? I hadn't heard anything. If they were selling, they would keep things the way they are and not spend any money launching/promoting a new format.

If they do a comedy format, look for 103.1 FM to change to a sports format around the beginning of the year with the new NBC and CBS Sports Radio networks providing a lot of programming and looking for a presence in the bigger markets. They would be smart to just do a sports format right away. Comedy is not going to work here.

A comedy format has been added to KQKS 107.5 FM HD-2... the ID's at the top of the hour give the 103.1 FM translator calls and they say they are "Comedy 103-1"... so it looks like it's coming soon...
    It is using the same feed from this Clear Channel web site: http://www.247comedy.com

So far 103.1 FM is still playing oldies...

The 107.5 FM HD-2 feed of the new format I reported about last week has been removed.
    103.1 FM is stunting with "laughing". Their new website is up: http://comedy1031.com/

Default All Access - Denver Gets An All-Comedy Station Via Lincoln Financial FM Translator

From All Access:

LINCOLN FINANCIAL MEDIA is using an analog translator and an HD-2 channel to bring an all-Comedy station to DENVER. K276FK/DENVER, formerly fed by sister Oldies KRWZ-A (CRUISIN' OLDIES 950), is now being fed by Country KYGO's HD-2 channel with the all-Comedy format as "THE NEW COMEDY 103.1."
    “DENVER needs a laugh and THE NEW COMEDY 103.1 will deliver,” said SVP/GM BOB CALL. “Stand-up comedy 24/7 will make it the ultimate feel good radio station. Building on the success of COMEDY 102.7 in AUSTIN and FUNNY 102.5 in KANSAS CITY, we look forward to DENVER's NEW COMEDY103.1 becoming a favorite destination for laughs.”

more

Default Radio Online - LFM Launches ''The New Comedy 103.1'' in Denver

From Radio Online:

Lincoln Financial Media launches "The New Comedy 103.1," on translator K276FK powered by KYGO-HD2. The new Comedy radio outlet will feature comedians day and night, including Dane Cook, Wanda Sykes, Chris Rock, Jeff Foxworthy, Jerry Seinfeld, Steve Martin, Kathy Griffin, Eddie Murphy, George Carlin, Jimmy Fallon, George Lopez and Ray Romano, among others.

"Denver needs a laugh and the New Comedy 103.1 will deliver," said Senior VP/General Manager Bob Call. "Stand-up comedy 24/7 will make it the ultimate feel good radio station. Building on the success of Comedy 102.7 in Austin and Funny 102.5 in Kansas City, we look forward to Denver's New Comedy 103.1 becoming a favorite destination for laughs."

The KRWZ Oldies format that had been simulcast on 103.1 FM and 950 AM will still be heard on its AM frequency and via online stream at cruisinoldies950.com.

more

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KALC 105.9 FM Denver had a comedy format on their HD-2 up until sometime last year when they dropped it for the current Blues format.
    If it didn't work on Alice, it won't work anywhere on the Denver Radio Dial on an HD subchannel. Young mostly suburban people are the very core of Alice's listenership. These are the very same people the Comedy genre was supposed to appeal to (But not on an HD subchannel)

I believe that the Comedy genre will work BUT it needs to be on a station with a decent signal. 103.1 does not fit this criteria (It's just as bad as the HD2 subchannel it came from). However 92.5 would fit this criteria. Problem is Wilks (For whatever reason) insists on sticking with a format which has a long history of failing on that frequency. Why not try Comedy Radio there? What does Wilks have to lose?

Thoughts?

Cheers
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

Thread Information