12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 193

0 members and 193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,611
Threads: 25,410
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,449)
Welcome to our newest member, Noname

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default KRWZ 950 AM moving off of 103.1 FM for a comedy format

From Radio Insight:

Lincoln Financial Media looks prepared to bring Comedy to FM in Denver.
    The company has registered Comedy1031.com, 1031Comedy.com, Funny1031.com, and 1031Funny.com for 103.1 K276FK Denver. The translator currently simulcasts “Cruisin’ Oldies 950” KRWZ via 98.5 KYGO-HD2.
    K276FK would join semi-successful translators in Austin, Kansas City, and Santa Rosa as well as a distant rimshot in Phoenix running the Comedy format on FM.

More...

I don't think this is a smart move if they are really going to do it. Thoughts?

And they think this well be a money grabbing idea? Comedy?
    Talk about ratings going into the deep south of the ocean, they well loose
    advertisers like crazy! Who the heck would want to listen to 24/7 comedy?
    Gag! That is almost as worse as listening to 105.5 now a days! It won't last and it well be the dumbest thing that Lincoln has ever came up with!
    This post came from Radiodude!

I could see comedy on an HD sub-channel, but not on a main signal.

KMDY-AM in Thousand Oaks, CA had tried an all-comedy format from 1984-1992.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr115 View Post
    I could see comedy on an HD sub-channel, but not on a main signal.

KMDY-AM in Thousand Oaks, CA had tried an all-comedy format from 1984-1992.
    KALC 105.9 FM Denver had a comedy format on their HD-2 up until sometime last year when they dropped it for the current Blues format.

KRWZ has begun promoting they will soon no longer be heard on 103.1 FM or KYGO 98.5 FM HD-2. The station has been added to KKFN 104.3 FM HD-2, moving KEPN 1600 AM to KKFN's HD-3 channel. So maybe comedy is coming after all?

I wonder, if they are going to do a comedy format, will each bit have a time limit? Will they have to make the bits fit, and cut them down to 3:05?

Why not do a comedy songs format? They could play They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha by Napoleon XIV; It's A Laugh - Hall and Oates; Tiptoe Through The Tulips - Tiny Tim; You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) - The Beatles; See The Funny Clown - Paul Petersen; Ha Ha Said The Clown - The Yardbirds; Laughing - The Guess Who; Laugh Laugh - The Beau Brummels; Funny Girl - Barbra Streisand; Laugh At Me - Sonny Bono; I Started A Joke - Bee Gees; Grade 8 - Bruce Mcculloch; Paralyzed - The Legendary Stardust Cowboy; and so on.

Or, instead of warmed over recordings by comedians, have local hosts who know how to tell jokes and do comedy bits, or who try to, and maybe sometimes even fail. That could be great on-air comedy itself.But not professional morning person types with sidekicks, we've all heard enough of that. Also, get listeners involved. Invite them to submit recordings of their own comedy bits and funny stories, "... and it might get played on the air!" Yes, of course, this would all cost more money and be more risky, but it might generate more interest than comedy recordings. But I really think the probability is that they will be all-automated, all the time.

I for one, don't much care for a lot of live recordings by comedians. Too often, the audience laughter overwhelms the recording, and it gets to be a bit too much, and even if it is funny, I want it to end or I tune it out. I prefer studio recordings by comedians. I'll provide the laugh track myself, if it rates my laugh.
    Last edited by SirKit; October 6th, 2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Because I can

I have been thinking about this, and I have been wondering about something?
    103.1 is just a translator there is no physical studio link to it. So how in the world are they are going to put this "Comedy" on 103.1? How is it going to be done? Without a computer tied to it there is no way in the world for it to be done. Plus the ratings well flop and sink and it well most likely stay at a 0.6 ratings.
    This post came from Radiodude!

From Radio Insight:

Lincoln Financial Media looks prepared to bring Comedy to FM in Denver.
    Update 10/5: “Cruisin’ 950” has begun promoting that it will soon no-longer be heard on 103.1 and KYGO-HD2. The station is adding an HD2 simulcast on 104.3 KKFN-HD2.
    Original Report 9/19: The company has registered Comedy1031.com, 1031Comedy.com, Funny1031.com, and 1031Funny.com for 103.1 K276FK Denver. The translator currently simulcasts “Cruisin’ Oldies 950” KRWZ via 98.5 KYGO-HD2.
    K276FK would join semi-successful translators in Austin, Kansas City, and Santa Rosa as well as a distant rimshot in Phoenix running the Comedy format on FM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I have been thinking about this, and I have been wondering about something?
    103.1 is just a translator there is no physical studio link to it. So how in the world are they are going to put this "Comedy" on 103.1? How is it going to be done? Without a computer tied to it there is no way in the world for it to be done. Plus the ratings well flop and sink and it well most likely stay at a 0.6 ratings.
    The translator is licensed to broadcast whatever they put on KYGO 98.5 FM HD-2, so they just change it there and can have a totally separate station in doing that.

Thread Information