17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 211

0 members and 211 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KOAA: Lisa Lyden ends 29-year career

KOAA-TV news anchor Lisa Lyden ended her 29-year career at the station this past Friday. KOAA took a look back at her time with the station during her final newscast.

http://www.koaa.com/full-coverage/li...y-a-look-back/

Quote Originally Posted by jtr115 View Post
    KOAA-TV news anchor Lisa Lyden ended her 29-year career at the station this past Friday. KOAA took a look back at her time with the station during her final newscast.

http://www.koaa.com/full-coverage/li...y-a-look-back/
    Awesome she was there that long. I remember watching her on there when I lived in the Springs in the 80s and 90s...

Here's a story from the Gazette:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	r620-f9dccf6019962cb32fb1bfee990454fe.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	230

KOAA Anchor Lisa Lyden to leave at end of July

After nearly three decades on the air at KOAA 5 News, anchor Lisa Lyden announced Friday that she will leave at the end of July.

“This was not an easy decision to make,” Lyden said in a news release. “I’ve been wrestling with it for some time, and feel now is the right time to hang up the microphone and spend more time with family.”

“Lisa’s contributions to this award-winning team ranks her as one of the longest running and best known broadcasters in the state,” KOAA President and General Manager Evan Pappas said in the release. “Although we will miss her, we respect this personal and professional decision. It’s been an honor to have her with us for so long.”

After the announcement, Lyden was slammed with calls and emails.

“I am truly moved by all the kind wishes,” Lyden said in an email.

Lyden is a native of Florida and moved west to attend Western State College of Colorado.

After a year as a journalist in Grand Junction, Lyden started at KOAA in 1983, and at 21 was a weekend anchor.

Rob Quirk, who started in 1991 as Lyden’s co-anchor, said that he will miss her energy and drive for excellence in the newsroom.

“She has a tremendous sense of pride in what we do,” he said.

During their time together, Quirk said Lyden taught him to how to incorporate different emotions within a single newscast while delivering the news seriously.

“I learned you have to incorporate who you are instead of who you think you should be,” he said.

After many years together as an anchor team, he said he would miss their ability to communicate with just a look.

The feeling is mutual. Lyden said working with Quirk and Mike Daniels, the meteorologist on KOAA, is what she will miss most.

“They truly are like brothers to me,” Lyden said.

Lyden said she wasn’t sure what the future will hold. But she is planning on staying in Colorado and enjoying her family this summer.

Jennifer Horbelt will replace Lyden as the 5, 6 and 10 p.m. anchor beginning July 27.

Quirk expects the transition to go smoothly because the audience is familiar with Horbelt from the morning show.

Horbelt was the main anchor at the NBC affiliate in Kentucky before joining News 5 in 2011.

“I think it is fitting that I’ll be passing the torch, so to speak, to Jennifer on the opening night of the Summer Olympics. And for the first time ever, I’ll get to watch the festivities from my couch at home.” Lyden said.

The former news director at KOAA 5, Cindy Aubrey, said in an email she couldn’t think of a more beloved Colorado news anchor.

“Lisa Lyden is top shelf! Smart, kind, generous and passionate about news and her community, she is an amazing ball of energy and will always have my respect and admiration,” Aubrey said.

KOAA TV News 5, an NBC affiliate, owns and operates Channels 5 and 30 and serves southern Colorado.

more

Thread Information