17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 218

0 members and 218 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Estes Park translator carrying EMF's "K-Love" applies to change frequency/power to get more coverage into Denver

Cedar Cove Broadcasting has applied with the FCC to move their translator that carries EMF's K-Love KLDV 91.1 FM at 94.1 FM (which is licensed to Estes Park but transmitter is located on Squaw Mountain west of Morrison) with 16 watts of effective radiated power to move to 104.7 FM with a higher effective radiated power of 220 watts. These changes allow the K-Love translator to get more coverage into Denver.

Coverage maps courtesy Radio-locator show the change.

94.1 FM 16 Watts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K231BQ_FX_LU.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	243

104.7 FM 220 watts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K231BQ_FX_CU.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	244

I wonder if there's a possibility they are getting this translator setup to bring Denver EMF's "Air1" Christian music format...

What is the point of this? 91.1 has enough singal strength that it covers the northern Front Range without any interference! Wasn't people in Arvada not able to pick up K-Love at all on 91.1? See that is what I don't understand? They got a very powerful stick out of Morrison that can heard all the way up here in Fort Collins even without any problems. I guess enjoy spending money on doing unnecessary upgrades.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    What is the point of this? 91.1 has enough singal strength that it covers the northern Front Range without any interference! Wasn't people in Arvada not able to pick up K-Love at all on 91.1? See that is what I don't understand? They got a very powerful stick out of Morrison that can heard all the way up here in Fort Collins even without any problems. I guess enjoy spending money on doing unnecessary upgrades.
    The move greatly increases the value of the translator for a very little cost. Plus, they may be getting it ready to bring their "Air1" format to Denver since they want to expand it into more markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The move greatly increases the value of the translator for a very little cost. Plus, they may be getting it ready to bring their "Air1" format to Denver since they want to expand it into more markets.
    Exactly, I heard this from them about three months ago that they were looking to expand in Denver, and the KYEN purchase must be part of NColorado expansion as well...

I'm now receiving 104.7 FM here in Westminster, so the upgrades must have been done. It is still broadcasting "K-Love".

Quote Originally Posted by jasonf View Post
    Exactly, I heard this from them about three months ago that they were looking to expand in Denver, and the KYEN purchase must be part of NColorado expansion as well...
    So they bought out KREV LP then? I wonder how much they purchase that station for?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    So they bought out KREV LP then? I wonder how much they purchase that station for?
    KREV-LP is still broadcasting United Methodist Church of Estes Park programming and as far as I see in FCC records, hasn't been sold.

If you are just assuming that KREV-LP was sold because it is on the same frequency of K-Love's translator formerly on 94.1 FM (and now on 104.7 FM), that would be wrong.

Both 104.7 transmitters are far enough apart (around 50-60 miles) and have contours to not interfere with each other. While KREV-LP's transmitter is in Estes Park, the transmitter for K-Love's translator 94.1 FM/now 104.7 FM is located west of Morrison on Squaw Mountain, pretty far away from Estes Park - and is beamed directly east towards Denver.

I know it's confusing that there are 2 transmitters licensed on 104.7 FM to Estes Park (blame the FCC on letting that happen), but only one (KREV-LP) has coverage in Estes Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KREV-LP is still broadcasting United Methodist Church of Estes Park programming and as far as I see in FCC records, hasn't been sold.

If you are just assuming that KREV-LP was sold because it is on the same frequency of K-Love's translator formerly on 94.1 FM (and now on 104.7 FM), that would be wrong.

Both 104.7 transmitters are far enough apart (around 50-60 miles) and have contours to not interfere with each other. While KREV-LP's transmitter is in Estes Park, the transmitter for K-Love's translator 94.1 FM/now 104.7 FM is located west of Morrison on Squaw Mountain, pretty far away from Estes Park - and is beamed directly east towards Denver.

I know it's confusing that there are 2 transmitters licensed on 104.7 FM to Estes Park (blame the FCC on letting that happen), but only one (KREV-LP) has coverage in Estes Park.
    What the heck? How is that even possible? How can the FCC allow two stations to broadcast on the same frequency when they are both located in the same town? That has never been done before? It is a bit confusing.

Thread Information