14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 175

0 members and 175 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,281
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,321)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KMGH Anchor Bertha Lynn leaving August 9th to become Executive Director of the Children’s Diabetes Foundation Denver

From KMGH:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bertha-Lynn-6-4-13437137_173224_ver1.0_640_480.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	235

After bringing news into the homes of Coloradans for more than 30 years, 7NEWS Anchor Bertha Lynn is leaving the newsroom to become the new Executive Director of the Children’s Diabetes Foundation at Denver.

"To be tapped by Barbara Davis and the Board of the Children’s Diabetes Foundation to carry on their work helping sick children is a dream come true -- allowing me to meet new challenges while continuing to serve in Colorado. I have much to look forward to and much to look back on when assessing my career. It has been a privilege to collaborate with such skillful and caring journalism professionals," says 7NEWS Anchor Bertha Lynn. "The people of Denver and Colorado have been very kind and generous to me as they watched me grow up. Colorado remains my home and I look forward to engaging with the community for even greater support in our battle against life-threatening diabetes."

"We have been honored to work with Bertha. She is a true icon in journalism and for Denver viewers. Her career at 7NEWS is an inspiration to so many. But more than anything else, Bertha has worked tirelessly to improve our community. For this, we are grateful and not a bit surprised in her decision to lead this wonderful organization," says 7NEWS News Director Jeff Harris.

Bertha is one of Denver’s most recognized and honored broadcast journalists and has been reporting news to Coloradans since 1976 when she began her work on-air with KBTV-TV (now KUSA-TV) as an anchor and reporter. In 1984, she moved to 7NEWS where she has anchored and reported for nearly every station newscast.

Last year, Bertha was inducted into the Denver Press Club Hall of Fame. In 2010, she was inducted into the Broadcast Professionals Hall of Fame. In 2006, she was inducted into the prestigious Silver Circle in the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Heartland Chapter.

Bertha served six years on the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District Board and on the board of the Colorado Women’s Foundation. She has also served as Director of the Boards for the Cherry Creek Arts Festival (which named its Legacy Award for her), the Catholic Foundation of the Archdiocese of Denver, Mayor’s Commission on Art Culture and Film, Children’s Museum, National Jewish Hospital, Denver Symphony Association, Safehouse for Battered Women, KCFR Public Radio and Nation Conference of Christians and Jews. Bertha has also served as a trustee for Regis University and is a member of the Denver Art Museum’s African American Outreach Task Force.

Bertha’s list of honors include numerous Emmy Awards as well as The President’s Award, Journalist of the Year, and Grace Under Fire Award from the Colorado Association of Black Journalists. The CABJ's Lifetime Achievement Award is named after her.

Bertha will sign off the air Aug. 9 at 11 a.m. on 7NEWS.

more

Thread Information