14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 203

0 members and 203 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,609
Threads: 25,359
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,398)
Welcome to our newest member, USQFred703

Visitor Map

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

So, as far as musical styles, what is the difference between K-Love and Air1?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    So, as far as musical styles, what is the difference between K-Love and Air1?
    KLOVE is more on the adult Christian like rock style
    AIR1 is more on the ROCK side of Chrstain music. Listen to them both and you well hear the difference.
    This post came from Radiodude!

You know? I think this was a good move on Ted's part. Sell off the transmitter and the frequency and let EMF have those two things, and in turn he keeps where ever he houses the music and the computers and te streaming.
    Even though now, the call signs have no meaning what so ever at least he got to keep all that . So I think this was a fair and well put together deal. I am glad he decided to keep the music playing online. Now to let everyone else know that KYEN is still alive online.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    You know? I think this was a good move on Ted's part. Sell off the transmitter and the frequency and let EMF have those two things, and in turn he keeps where ever he houses the music and the computers and te streaming.
    Even though now, the call signs have no meaning what so ever at least he got to keep all that . So I think this was a fair and well put together deal. I am glad he decided to keep the music playing online. Now to let everyone else know that KYEN is still alive online.
    Thanks, radiodude! I was unaware that KYEN will continue streaming online. Yay!
    I'll be relocated to the South Jersey Shore at the end of this month anyway, so this suits me fine!

Ahh! Streaming online is terrific. However, I did not realize that they want to store my credit card information, even though they say they only want it for verification purposes. I am not yet ready to turn over that information in order to stream KYEN. They've been streaming all along, and haven't required this information. So why would they all of a sudden need it?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKit View Post
    Ahh! Streaming online is terrific. However, I did not realize that they want to store my credit card information, even though they say they only want it for verification purposes. I am not yet ready to turn over that information in order to stream KYEN. They've been streaming all along, and haven't required this information. So why would they all of a sudden need it?
    Yikes! I hope you didn't provide any personal info! You should scan your computer with MalwareBytes. It sounds like you have some malware on your computer trying to get your credit card info. When I go to KYEN's web site and stream, it doesn't ask me for any information.

What are you talking about? Ted never asked for payment? There is no place on that site that require any kind of payment what so ever, even for streaming? SO where are you seening that? I just went there and clicked on the Java one and it came up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    What are you talking about? Ted never asked for payment? There is no place on that site that require any kind of payment what so ever, even for streaming? SO where are you seening that? I just went there and clicked on the Java one and it came up fine.
    I just went to the KYEN website today and tried it again, and it worked perfectly - no problems, no credit card info required. It's just as free as it's always been. I'm glad!

No, luckily, I did not fill out any personal information or put down my credit card number. No way was I going to do that. I believe what happened before was that - well, perhaps clicking to Listen Live either brought up the same page, or just didn't work, but - over on the right hand side, where there's a strip of a few banner ads - that's where there was, in place of the ads, it said Listen Online, and had a down arrow (like a download) to click on, and it had a similar one where the second ad would be. So since I got nothing by clicking the link, I went over to that (not recognizing it as ad space) and clicked on it. This brought up - I'm not sure if I remember the name correctly - "MediaPlayer" - something like that - and it said this is a way to have access to KYEN and thousands of other stations, but that credit card information would only be used to verify the country in which you live, since certain countries have laws about streaming music, and this would prevent the stream from being accessed in these countries. Well, as I said in my initial post, I thought (even if true) that this was total BS, since I had never been asked for such information before, and see no reason to give that information now. Besides, I'm supposed to "trust" an unknown site with my number? No! iI believe that I did see that it was a secure site - https. Well, I occasionally do buy things online. I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope for the best, as I haven't, to my knowledge, had any problems with that information.

Thanks, radiodude, for alerting me to this. I'm happy that I am now streaming KYEN with no problem, just as before.

I just went to the KYEN website today and tried it again, and it worked perfectly - no problems, no credit card info required. It's just as free as it's always been. I'm glad!

No, luckily, I did not fill out any personal information or put down my credit card number. No way was I going to do that. I believe what happened before was that - well, perhaps clicking to Listen Live either brought up the same page, or just didn't work, but - over on the right hand side, where there's a strip of a few banner ads - that's where there was, in place of the ads, it said Listen Online, and had a down arrow (like a download) to click on, and it had a similar one where the second ad would be. So since I got nothing by clicking the link, I went over to that (not recognizing it as ad space) and clicked on it. This brought up - I'm not sure if I remember the name correctly - "MediaPlayer" - something like that - and it said this is a way to have access to KYEN and thousands of other stations, but that credit card information would only be used to verify the country in which you live, since certain countries have laws about streaming music, and this would prevent the stream from being accessed in these countries. Well, as I said in my initial post, I thought (even if true) that this was total BS, since I had never been asked for such information before, and see no reason to give that information now. Besides, I'm supposed to "trust" an unknown site with my number? No! iI believe that I did see that it was a secure site - https. Well, I occasionally do buy things online. I guess I'll have to cross my fingers and hope for the best, as I haven't, to my knowledge, had any problems with that information.

Thanks, radiodude, for alerting me to this. I'm happy that I am now streaming KYEN with no problem, just as before.
    You should add a hosts file to block banner ads, malware and various other annoyances. This can be put on any operating system or rooted/jailbroken smart phone or tabliet. In windows, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Replace the file in there called HOSTS with this:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

This also blocks audio ads in pandora and youtube; not to mention various other websites.

Quote Originally Posted by DavieGravy View Post
    You should add a hosts file to block banner ads, malware and various other annoyances. This can be put on any operating system or rooted/jailbroken smart phone or tabliet. In windows, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc. Replace the file in there called HOSTS with this:

http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

This also blocks audio ads in pandora and youtube; not to mention various other websites.
    Thanks, DavieGravy, I'm definitely going to do this!

I definitely have a bug in my computer. I discovered that I have no anti-viral software running. I will take care of both of these issues this week.

Thread Information