17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 304

0 members and 304 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DavieGravy View Post
    Here's the info on the transmitter link:
    http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...licKey=3165858

Air1 makes sense since 93.9 up north and whatever the other frequency is her in Denver are already polluting the airwaves with k-love.
    I have enjoyed 103.9 as well, but it appears I am alone here in wanting Air1 to come to NColorado. I actually like AIR1 and stream it a few times a week to hear something different. You'd be surprised what they play in the evenings during Mixology, it is pretty good. It is a Christian format, but they will play a lot of those bands that straddle both sides of the fence, Skillet, Lifehouse, Fray, Switchfoot, Red and RelientK come to mind.

Sounds like Ted will have another station up as well, so it could be a win/win for everyone involved as I will miss 103.9 too.

Well I am not sure if it is happening right now, but KYEN has been off the air both on line and over the air waves for 2 days. So I am not sure if AIR 1 has taken over 103.9 or what right now?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Right now the FCC is in a holding pattern due to the government shutdown. So no changes yet. But since it's pretty much sold (just waiting for FCC approval), Cochise probably shut it down to save money. I wonder when and where Cochise will bring the format back since they wanted to keep the calls, the slogans and web site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Right now the FCC is in a holding pattern due to the government shutdown. So no changes yet. But since it's pretty much sold (just waiting for FCC approval), Cochise probably shut it down to save money. I wonder when and where Cochise will bring the format back since they wanted to keep the calls, the slogans and web site.
    Just got the conformation...

KYEN IS NO MORE! EMF owns 103.9 lock stock and all! Once their engineers goes over the equipment they are hoping to have AIR1 on the air in November.
    It is interesting to note, KYEN went on the air on October 30th, and it got sold in October! I think that is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Just got the conformation...

KYEN IS NO MORE! EMF owns 103.9 lock stock and all! Once their engineers goes over the equipment they are hoping to have AIR1 on the air in November.
    It is interesting to note, KYEN went on the air on October 30th, and it got sold in October! I think that is interesting

I had forgotten about it going on the air on October 30th and you're right it's very interesting that it got sold in October.

Now here is the strange thing... I am at werocktherockies.com and I saw the playlist and it seems like the music is back online? Strange? I wonder if EMF is just doing this for
    the time being? If it, then it makes no sense?

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Now here is the strange thing... I am at werocktherockies.com and I saw the playlist and it seems like the music is back online? Strange? I wonder if EMF is just doing this for
    the time being? If it, then it makes no sense?
    EMF does not own or operate the old KYEN website, as I mentioned earlier.... it's Cochise's to run even after 103.9 is being run by EMF...

Default EMF Closes on KYEN/Fort Collins for $1.32 Million

From Radio Online:

Educational Media Foundation has closed on its previously announced acquisition of 16.5kw Rock KYEN-FM/Severance, CO (serving Fort Collins-Greeley) from Cochise Broadcasting for $1.32 million plus consideration. Cochise Broadcasting, is a Wyoming-based company, headed by Ted Tucker. EMF is a not-for profit organization that operates Christian K-Love and AIR1 radio networks. It's based in Rocklin, CA, and is headed by President/CEO Mike Novak. Kalil & Co. was the exclusive broker for the transaction.

more

Default EMF Closes On KYEN Purchase

From All Access:

Just because the FCC is closed due to the government shutdown doesn't mean deals aren't being consummated, even if the paperwork can't be processed at the moment. And so, while the FCC database is closed for the interim, TED TUCKER's COCHISE BROADCASTING, LLC has closed on the sale of Classic Rock KYEN/SEVERANCE-FORT COLLINS-GREELEY, CO to EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION for $1.325 million.
    KALIL AND CO. served as exclusive broker for the deal.

more

It appears that Cochise is keeping the old KYEN website and stream going. I noticed that at least on my computer, only the popup flash player stream works though.
    http://rocktherockies.com/

Thread Information