17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 212

0 members and 212 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Exclamation Theater Shooting Coverage

All the news organizations are live (Except for KDVR 31 which is seemingly AWOL for some odd reason except for live aerial shots which Fox News)

9NEWS has been live all night & has been providing the best coverage (In fact, the networks have been using them for video)

On radio, KOA & KNUS are live

Cheers & 73
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

I found out about the shootings on Twitter from postings by KUSA and KDVR reporters. After seeing/hearing nobody was covering it yet on TV or radio, I tuned in to the Aurora Police/Fire scanner feed.

It seemed like KUSA Channel 9 was the first channel starting live coverage at around an hour and a half after the shootings happened. Channel 7 was second on the air covering the incident live and Channel 4 was third. Channel 31 was still running infomercials the last time I checked.

KOA 850 AM had George Noory's show on and a caller got through with the info about the shootings. He didn't really talk too much about it and moved on to "his" topics.

On the national TV scene, Fox News Channel was first with the story (even beating all of our locals but Channel 9) having a Fox 31 reporter live on the phone. CNN quickly followed within 5 or so minutes using a lot of KUSA's live coverage.

On a side note, prank caller "Captain Janks" who is known for his calls that eventually mention Howard Stern's penis, got through to KUSA's Kyle Dyer live on the air posing as the Aurora Chief of Police.

My thoughts go out to the victim's families during this horrible event.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    I found out about the shootings on Twitter from postings by KUSA and KDVR reporters. After seeing/hearing nobody was covering it yet on TV or radio, I tuned in to the Aurora Police/Fire scanner feed.
    And RadioReference has about some 7600+ people tuned into the Aurora Police & Fire Online Scanner too (BY FAR the top scanner on the site)
    It seemed like KUSA Channel 9 was the first channel starting live coverage at around an hour and a half after the shootings happened. Channel 7 was second on the air covering the incident live and Channel 4 was third.
    Channel 7 went on the air at 3:00 AM (Cutting into ABC coverage) while Channel 4 was SHOCKINGLY a DISTANT third
    KOA 850 AM had George Noory's show on and a caller got through with the info about the shootings. He didn't really talk too much about it and moved on to "his" topics.
    KOA is live now. KNUS has been live as well
    On the national TV scene, Fox News Channel was first with the story (even beating all of our locals but Channel 9) having a Fox 31 reporter live on the phone. CNN quickly followed within 5 or so minutes using a lot of KUSA's live coverage.
    And MSNBC was DEAD LAST opting to stick with a repeat of Rachel Maddow's show from last night (While Fox News & CNN were live with the shooting) until First Look took to the air
    On a side note, prank caller "Captain Janks" who is known for his calls that eventually mention Howard Stern's penis, got through to KUSA's Kyle Dyer live on the air posing as the Aurora Chief of Police.
    Saw that. You would think local TV stations would learn by now to be on the lookout for such idiots by now
    My thoughts go out to the victim's families during this horrible event.
    Mine too

As a side note, I posted to Twitter & other message boards indicating I'm OK (Even though I'm NOWHERE NEAR Aurora) & would advise others to do the same

Cheers & 73
    Last edited by PC Bigboy; July 20th, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

I've been told that before I tuned into KOA, they had broken in with updates about the shooting and had possibly broken the story.

Here's an article from the Washington Post giving kudos to KUSA's coverage of the shooting as "the station everyone is watching." It includes a timeline of the night of the shooting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...QDyW_blog.html

KUSA's Kevin Torres posted on his blog his thoughts and emotions covering the shooting tragedy.

http://kevinltorres.weebly.com/2/pos...s-history.html

Thread Information