17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 87

0 members and 87 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,049
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,089)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Art Bell Returns To Nightly Live Radio On Sirius XM Sept. 16th

From The AP:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	460x.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	231
    This publicity image released by SiriusXM shows Art Bell his home studio in Pahrump, Nev. Bell, radio's master of the paranormal and outward edges of science, will return to the microphone on September 15 with a new nighttime show on Sirius XM radio.

Art Bell, radio's master of the paranormal and outward edges of science, will return to the microphone on Sept. 16 with a new nighttime show on Sirius XM Radio.

Bell was one of radio's top syndicated voices in the 1990s before walking away from his nightly show in 2002 due to family issues. He worked occasionally after that but hasn't been on the air since Halloween 2010.

"I missed it terribly," said Bell, 68, whose weeknight show will air live from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. ET. Sirius is building a studio at Bell's rural Nevada home where he will work.

A Sirius representative contacted Bell through social media a few months ago, leading to the formation of his show, "Art Bell's Dark Matter." He'll talk about things like UFOs, ghosts, near-death experiences and weird aspects of science. He'll do interviews and take calls from viewers.

Scott Greenstein, Sirius XM president and chief content officer, said the show will be "uncensored, unrestricted, uncluttered and utterly unique."

"There's probably more interest in the genre now than when I did it," Bell said. "When I did it, I was damned near alone."

Bell was on some 500 radio stations nationwide and "quit when he was at the top of his game," said Michael Harrison, publisher of Talkers, a magazine that covers the radio industry.

Harrison said Bell's subject matter has roots in old-time radio, and he predicted it will become popular once again in the coming years.

"He'll be looked at as one of the veteran, old masters," Harrison said. "He's the real deal when it comes to marching to the beat of a different drummer."

There's also a potential rivalry with George Noory, who replaced Bell on the syndicated show. Bell isn't a fan, saying he considers Noory "not edgy enough." Noory's program is on later at night, so the two will not compete directly live.

No contract terms were divulged.

Bell said he's intrigued to learn the differences between satellite and terrestrial radio.

"It seems to me they are the next step in technology," he said. "I've always been a technological junkie. The mix of what they're giving me, the freedom that they're giving me, is priceless."

more

Default Art Bell Returns To Nightly Live Radio On Sirius XM Sept. 16th

From All Access:

Name:	ArtBell2002.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	224

ART BELL is coming back to radio, this time on satellite, with a new show for SIRIUSXM RADIO. "ART BELL'S DARK MATTER" will air 10p-1a (ET) MONDAY through THURSDAY on INDIE TALK channel 104 from BELL's PAHRUMP, NV home and will be replayed all night until 6a (ET)
    BELL left his longtime overnight "COAST TO COAST AM" show in 2002; that show, distributed by PREMIERE NETWORKS, is currently hosted by GEORGE NOORY, of whom BELL has been critical in recent months. The new show will cover the same paranormal, UFO, and other fringe phenomena subjects as his former terrestrial radio show.

more

Default Radio Online - Spaced Out: Art Bell Back on the Air on Sirius

From Radio Online:

Name:	artbell2Large.gif 
Views:	4 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	225

Sirius XM announced today it will be the exclusive home to legendary radio personality Art Bell, marking the return of the trailblazing late night host to radio with a new, expanded live, nightly call-in show on which he will explore the paranormal, unexplained and more with expert guests and listeners nationwide.

Art Bell's Dark Matter will debut in fall 2013 on Indie, SiriusXM channel 104, airing nightly from 10:00 pm-1:00 am ET. Bell will host the show from his home studio in Pahrump, Nevada -- near the storied Area 51 -- opening the phones lines and inviting listeners and expert guests to join his uncensored, unscripted nightly conversation about a wide variety of topics including: the paranormal, near-death experiences, quantum physics, extraterrestrial life and the unusual.

A 2008 inductee to the National Radio Hall of Fame, Bell was one of the top five most listened-to talk hosts in America when he was syndicated weeknights from 1993-2003, sharing the top rankings with Howard Stern, Dr. Laura and Rush Limbaugh, with as many as fifteen million listeners on 500 radio stations. Howard Stern and Dr. Laura are also exclusively heard on SiriusXM.

"SiriusXM is the perfect fit for me and my new show Art Bell's Dark Matter," said Art Bell. "Though invisible, dark matter accounts for gravitational forces observed in the universe -- expect these forces to be at work in the uncensored, unrestricted creative arena of satellite radio, a medium with truly extraterrestrial reach."

Bell started in radio at age thirteen when he became a licensed amateur radio operator, a license and interest that he holds to this day. He hosted radio shows while serving in the Air Force in Vietnam, became an engineer when he returned to the U.S., and returned to the airwaves with a late night show on a Las Vegas radio station that ultimately became his nationally syndicated show "Coast to Coast AM."

more

Default Radio Insight - Art Bell Joins SiriusXM

From Radio Insight:

Name:	siriusxm.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	228

For the first time since departing his nightly “Coast To Coast AM” program in 2002, Art Bell is returning to daily talk.

The paranormal and fringe science host will join SiriusXM’s Indie Channel 104 on September 16 to host a program from 10pm to 1am daily. The show will originate from Bell’s home in Pahrump, NV.

Titled “Art Bell’s Dark Matter”, the show will talk about UFOs, ghosts, near-death experiences and weird aspects of science. The show will be similar in tone to “Coast To Coast AM”, a show hosted by Bell from 1993 to 2002 and since by George Noory.

more

Thread Information