17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 187

0 members and 187 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Uncle Nasty to do a daily live show on KDHT 107.1 FM (Jack FM)

Former Rock KBPI 106.7 FM personality Gregg Stone (aka Uncle Nasty) has been doing station ID's and recorded breaks for Max Media-owned Variety Hits KDHT 107.1 FM (Jack FM) for the last couple of months. Now, he will be doing a live show on KDHT afternoons 3-7pm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1010684_619230504767677_1872356862_n.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	213

This is going to be the very first JACK FM station in the NATION, that is going to try this. He gets to play his own music, which is unheard of on any JACK FM Stations! This is going to be quite interesting next weekl.
    All Jack Stations, run the same, they can have hosts, but they never play their own music before? That would take this Jack Station off the grid from 3 to 7 wow!
    This post came from Radiodude!

Where do you see that he is programming the music during his shift? He is a hard rock guy so it will be a total format change if that is happening.

Who listens to this stuff anyway? The music is tired and overplayed, the signal is horrible, there are too many commercials and Uncle Nasty??? Really??? Bluetooth audio anyone? This is 2013.

Granted the signal is to die for, since it can;t be heard all over Denver again or even up north here in Northern Colorado. They don't play to many commercials, jack is programmed to play commercials at 20 after and 45 after the hr all the time. Well if the signal was alot better, I bet tons of people would listen. The question is.. how many listen online? Since that is the only way to listen to Uncle Nasty right now.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Granted the signal is to die for, since it can;t be heard all over Denver again or even up north here in Northern Colorado. They don't play to many commercials, jack is programmed to play commercials at 20 after and 45 after the hr all the time. Well if the signal was alot better, I bet tons of people would listen. The question is.. how many listen online? Since that is the only way to listen to Uncle Nasty right now.
    It's not so much that it can't be heard. More that the signal has lots of static. They may only play commercials twice an hour but I wonder how long the commercials last.

The music is so bad. I don't understand why they have to play the same crap over and over and over and over. If I were in charge of that playlist this station would be up in the top 5. I stand behind that assertion. There's plenty of good 80s, 90s and 2000s music that people haven't heard before, but would like it if they did. The garbage playlist that radio stations play repeatedly is only a small, insignificant fraction of professionally recorded music. I don't know what kind of trials these idiots are conducting to find out "what works on radio" but it's highly evident they're doing something wrong.

Thread Information