17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 103

0 members and 103 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default The TV Stations I Run

Since no one has posted here yet (And it was MY idea for the creation of the board ), I thought I'd tell you about the stations I run

WBF-TV Back To The Future TV is a Classic TV station running ANYTHING & EVERYTHING from the Internet Archive Classic TV Collection (Except Soap Operas - More on that later). I even run all the original commercials too (For now, it's just those that come with the programs)

I chose the title because it seemed rather PERFECT when you consider that the original Back To The Future took us back in time to 1955 (Which of course was RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE OF the Golden Age Of Television as the entertainment world in general was making the transition from radio to TV). The WBF part was added to give the station a virtual callsign (Real callsigns were all predominately three letters back then to begin with although there were some stations signing on sporting four letter callsigns by then as well)

WSO-TV Soap Opera Television focuses on a genre that has a niche audience - Classic Daytime Soap Operas

Now these soaps are just circa 1990s & are merely called "Classic", these classics are from the aforementioned IA collection as well as the few I've found on YouTube (Yes yes, I know - I should consider any claims of Public Domain by YouTube users with a fine grain of salt tossed WAY over the left shoulder & out into the left field but still)

The WSO part is another virtual callsign. Both are spinoffs of the Radio stations I'm working to relaunch someday (I could relaunch the Radio Soap Opera station on SHOUTcast tomorrow if I wanted to but am trying to hold off until the other station is ready too). I'm also working on a website for BOTH of the Soap Opera stations as well (The only barrier I'm encountering is the template theme or at least the background image)

ALL content on my stations is believed to be in the Public Domain unless I learn otherwise

SportsChannel 101 PUCK TV (Auto-Pilot Subchannel) is my Classic Sports & SECONDARY sports gaming channel (I do my LIVE sports gaming on Twitch TV but since the account I've been using is now being used for something else, I have to create a new one for my live gaming)

All the classic sports are chosen from the aforementioned Internet Archive collection HOWEVER since most classic sports games are held under copyright, most of what you will see on the Livestream page is PRE-RECORDED gaming (Some of which will also be podcast if the games are classic, epic & historic enough to do so)

When I'm doing live gaming, I try to sport MANY hats - Announcer, fan & coach/manager. Basically, I try to take on the roles of THREE people

Eventually I plan to add Classic TV commercials which would typically be seen on live sports (AKA beer ads, razor & shaver ads & the like) to the channel as well as (Maybe) video podcast promos (Once I start podcasting previously live games) but for now, what you see is what is currently available

It too is the spinoff of one of my currently-inactive radio stations - SportsRadio 101 THE PUCK (Hence the banner at the top) which is my Old Time Radio sports & Comedy station (Which I could also relaunch on SHOUTcast tomorrow if I wanted to)

So there's all the stations I run !!

Enjoy!

Cheers & 73
    Last edited by PC Bigboy; July 1st, 2012 at 04:54 PM.
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

Thread Information