17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 171

0 members and 171 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,051
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,091)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dial Global/Denver downsizing...

Heard from a few peeps that Dial Global (http://www.dial-global.com) here in Denver has been making some deep cuts in their staff including air personalities... I've heard personalities Jim Coda, Peter McLaine and others have been let go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails petermclaine.JPG  

Default Dial

I have a lot of friends who have been axed...It's been like a blood letting over there. It always sucks when quality people lose their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by niabender View Post
    I have a lot of friends who have been axed...It's been like a blood letting over there. It always sucks when quality people lose their jobs.
    Man that sucks! I never realized they were doing that poorly? What made them have so much trouble in the first place? I thought they were doing well?
    This post came from Radiodude!

At the same time that Dial Global is apparently downsizing, I saw a Help Wanted ad for them in All Access for their "classic rock stations in [including] Denver."

After visiting their website, it looks like Dial Global provides syndicated programming and possibly custom IDs, maybe drop-ins, etc. I'm not really informed or certain about what they actually do, or "classic rock" (and other?) Denver station(s) with which they are affiliated. I haven't seen anything on their site that is specific. I'm familiar with other group owners in this market, but still know nothing about Dial Global. And so, at the same time they've been downsizing, it looks like they could be hiring too. Are they just getting rid of their higher-paid staffers and bringing in new people at lower wages, or what? And to do what? What can you tell me?

Well, it's been a couple days. Either no one has been back here and read my previous post, aren't motivated to answer or doesn't know much more than I do about what stations in Denver Dial Global is associated with and what programming they provide.
    It's like a Fleetwood Mac album, a Mystery To Me.

I think they service a lot of stations around the country with 24/7 automation options with different formats. They also do single shows. They have their operations here in Denver but I'm not aware of any stations that use one of their formats.

I appreciate you trying to clear up the mystery of Dial Global, DJ Rob, but I'm still puzzled, and in at least one way more than before.

The initial post on this thread said Dial Global here in Denver has made some deep cuts "including air personalities." I don't know those personalities you named, so I don't know what stations they are on or what they do/did.

Is Dial Global producing programming/formats for stations in other markets, along with air personaltiies to host them, and they just happen to do the work in Denver? And why then do they have an ad in All Access saying they are looking for air personalities for their classic rock station in Denver? Could it be that what they really mean is that they have classic rock programming they produce here in Denver, which then gets distributed to their client stations? And again, why do they have an ad to hire people at the same time some staff is being let go?
    Last edited by SirKit; June 21st, 2012 at 10:01 AM.

A lot of the Dial Global people work in Colorado radio currently or in the past. I'm not sure which stations in the area even run a Dial Global format though...

Just picture a bunch of studios where they are feeding various music formats to stations around the country via satellite. I'm assuming small market stations who don't want to pay for a local staff use their feeds.

Dial Global AC format midday personality Lalaine has been another layoff victim as of today. She has been around Denver for over 20 years at stations like KOSI 101.1 FM, KJAC 105.5 FM, KQMT 99.5 FM, KXPK 96.5 FM and Metro Networks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LaLaine.JPG  

Well, I did manage to find out one thing, by chance. Dennis Miller is a part of the Dial Global radio network. Okay, so they've got more than a morning farm report show (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

I have never heard (of) Lalaine. But then I've only been in Colorado since 2003.

Thread Information