17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 173

0 members and 173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,052
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,092)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I doubt they do any farm reports.

They have a bunch of syndicated shows along with 24/7 music formats that stations with a limited budget can "plug-in" to their stations...

Another cut... Dial Global Classic Hits APD/MD/On Air Personality Jim Hudson has been let go due to Dial Global downsizing. Jim has been around on local Denver radio for a bunch of years. I remember when I filled in on one of the Denver AM station talk shows back in the 90's and I threw to him when he used to do traffic.

Good luck to all who are going through these cuts. It's a tough biz out there!

I used to work at Dial Global, formerly Jones Radio Network, formerly Drake-Chenault Jones. It's a satellite radio network. It used to feature live DJs on a variety of formats broadcasting via satellite on numerous affiliate radio stations all over the country, mostly in small to medium sized markets. But no major markets. It's still the same thing but there are no more live shows. All are voice tracked.

Thank you, XDGDJ, for providing some real insight into Dial Global. I had no idea that they evolved out of Drake-Chenault! It doesn't sound like much fun or involvement, doing voice-tracking, only a way for DG (and others who do the same thing) to cut down the DJs' hours and paychecks. Less music, more talk.

I had a chance to work there a year ago. They had a system where the jock was doing, no exaggeration here, 50 breaks an hour. A sweatshop would be a way to characterize it. I chose not to participate. For me, being creative on the air was the allure of radio.

Quote Originally Posted by whip View Post
    I had a chance to work there a year ago. They had a system where the jock was doing, no exaggeration here, 50 breaks an hour. A sweatshop would be a way to characterize it. I chose not to participate. For me, being creative on the air was the allure of radio.

It's sad. Technology has taken away most of the fun that terrestrial radio used to be... I had a blast doing breaks where I would come up with entertaining stuff for my shifts and doing things with live callers. And I listened to radio because of the talent and how they can entertain. Now since most is automated, the spontaneous fun/cutting edge stuff is mostly gone. I'm hoping some of us can bring the good old days of radio entertainment to the internet since terrestrial radio is more worried about costs.

Back to the Dial Global topic, I found out that KJAC 105.5 FM (Jack FM) uses Dial Global's Jack format.

Thread Information