17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 299

0 members and 299 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KCKK 1510 The Rock And Boulder FM Translator Sold

From All Access:

HUNT BROADCASTING LLC is selling Adult Hits KCKK-A (1510 THE ROCK)/LITTLETON-DENVER, CO and 92.9 FM K225CZ/BOULDER, CO to RADIO 74 INTERNATIONALE for $600,000 ($200,000 cash, $400,000 in a promissory note).

more

It really does look like Janice really wanted to get out of the radio business.. I wonder what it well be turned into? Talk? Sports? Spanish? I wonder?
    So long to a good radio station that played really great music! I knew she didn't care about her listeners at all! She is just like all the rich folks out there.
    Only cares about the bottom line which is making more money!
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    It really does look like Janice really wanted to get out of the radio business.. I wonder what it well be turned into? Talk? Sports? Spanish? I wonder?
    So long to a good radio station that played really great music! I knew she didn't care about her listeners at all! She is just like all the rich folks out there.
    Only cares about the bottom line which is making more money!
    I did a google search and according to Wikipedia Radio 74 internationale is a radio network of Christian radio stations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_74_Internationale

Radio 74 Internationale is affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I can understand her selling the station. It is hard to make a go at it against all the corporate giants in the industry. I saw this earlier today on a Facebook post. They were estimating that the rent for the tower site was probably $4,000/month or more and that the electricity bill was north or $10,000. So, I'm guessing they were losing money when they sold off 93.7 but it probably got worse after the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    Radio 74 Internationale is affiliated with the Seventh Day Adventist Church. I can understand her selling the station. It is hard to make a go at it against all the corporate giants in the industry. I saw this earlier today on a Facebook post. They were estimating that the rent for the tower site was probably $4,000/month or more and that the electricity bill was north or $10,000. So, I'm guessing they were losing money when they sold off 93.7 but it probably got worse after the sale.
    Why of course it worse! Once they lost 93.7, she lost listeners and most likely tons of accounts as well! I mean who would want to advertise on weak signal and can only be heard in Boulder on a weak signal as well? I knew this would happen, it was obvious when she did this! Well makes sense, I think her brother or husband is a religious person.
    She could have done well if Janice wasn't so not good at business sense! She could have kept 93.7 just fine and increased the signal a bit. It might turn in a religious station?

Wonderful Janice got brain washed i bet by these nutty christian thinkers! So KCKK well be turned into a dead end worship thinking station that well be automated via the net playing nothing but brainwashing to people thinking nothing of Jesus forth coming again and playing lousy music and bad programming! Btw as I saw it well be done with the ROCK by March. Poor Janice she got dooped!

Default This is the Message I saw on their Fb Page

t’s a mighty miracle!
    RADIO 74 Internationale USA has arranged to buy KCKK, Denver, on 1510 KHz. This is a major AM radio station with excellent coverage. We are awaiting FCC approval and hope to begin programming on March 20, 2020, first day of spring.
    The new call letters will be KPLS, Positive LifeStyle. K-Plus for short, or just K+.
    God provided the down payment money through a loan. We hope to pay for the station within a few years thanks to donations.
    Programming will be happy, Positive, and very interesting. Lots of exciting interviews, health, family, kids programs, great Bible teaching, and some news and weather.
    Thanks for your prayers as we reach out to the some 4.6 million people living in the daytime coverage area.
    May you and they be blessed! 🙏🤠
    Ron Myers
    RADIO 74

RIP The Rock.
    I respect bigtime that they put on an independent signal here and that it lasted for so long.
    I can only imagine how much blood, sweat and tears there were...

Maybe they will keep their internet feed going. And be able to make it a go of it that way.

It's sad how low a good AM signal is selling for now, compared to 10-15 years ago...

If their electric and tower was $14k a month, there's no way they could make a profit though.
    That would be at least $500-$700 billing a day, plus other expenses like building rent, employees, equipment, taxes, fees, music licensing, etc.

For $600k, I would be tempted to buy a good AM signal in the metro with an FM in Boulder though... ;-)

The Rock is still The Rock as of today, thank goodness!!

I'd suggest you enjoy The Rock while you can. Radio74's site is advertising their pending Denver acquisition at https://www.radio74.net/ .

Thread Information