17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 166

0 members and 166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Communication in the Communications business!

As I said in the Employment thread, outdated job pages on websites really grind my gears. If a TV/radio station is going to have a jobs page or a jobs phone, then fer chris'ssakes and mine, and yours, tend to it! I remember years ago calling the jobs phone at NBC/New York, and it was always listing jobs so old that it was ridiculous, and somewhat hilarious.

Are you always the last to know about changes within your department or organization? Do you find out about everything by word-of-mouth instead of through the official channels of communication? Does this make things seem somewhat rinky-dink to you? Or, do you have the opposite problem - too much micro-management, and too much communication? Do you get needless emails telling you things you don't want to know, or don't need to know? Do people send ditto emails that unnecessarily reaffirm what you already did not need or care to know? Do you constantly have to be aware of emails, and have to try to delete them and keep yourself from getting messages that your mailbox is almost full? Do you have too many IM threads going on at work, or would more IM usage where you are actually be helpful? How IS the communication flow where you work?

That was a pet peeve I mentioned recently on Twitter. I was looking through a few job sites and found listings which said something like "Apply before August 3" without a year after the date. When I called the company about the listing, they said the listing was from 2008.

My weekend job does a great job of keeping employees up to date about changes, meetings, etc., both through e-mail and written announcements placed in our mailboxes/baskets. The management is also good about calling employees about last-minute changes.

Thread Information