17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 231

0 members and 231 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    We have no idea about anyone's wealth. They could've taken every dollar they had and then some for this business.
    You just don't know.

The fact is it's VERY expensive to own and run a radio station... even more for one that is independent from having the advantages of a cluster or a corporation who can bankroll a lot more things. Or can afford undercut the competition in ad rates for longer.

I have big respect that they were able to do it for 5 years. The market is very competitive.

They may have had to sell the translator to stay in business enough just to keep the 1510AM signal going or pay off existing loans. We just don't know their situation or plans.

I do know as a person who went all in on a station in the past, I bet they didn't make the decision to sell 93.7FM lightly since I bet they poured their hearts and souls into "The Rock".

Hopefully they will be able to get another FM translator or two in place and keep going after the transfer of 93.7FM happens. We will just have to see what happens.

It sucks that things have changed so much in the last 20-30 years in radio where we are losing most of the independent radio station owners. Consolidation and the whole Telcom '96 bill didn't make radio better in my opinion.
    Yeah I know, I just figured she was well off.. I mean who can afford to dish out $1.6 million to buy a radio station back then? To start her own and to run it as a local business and to give local business a chance?

I am sure it was not any easy decision to sell 93.7 translator at all? I am just disappointed that she has not said anything on air to the listners that she worked so hard to get?
    She can't upgrade the 92.9 one because it's between The Bear and The Peak in Colorado Springs! No one well listen to it on AM (you and I know that to).
    To find another translator to use? That is doubtful, there isn't that many left and not enough room on the FM dial!
    If she could do is? Turn it into an online radio station? That might work or not?

Yeah I know but do keep in mind that Iheartmedia is also in Financial ruins to! She could have just sold the 92.9 to Iheart.. She didn't
    This post came from Radiodude!

The FCC granted the application for the sale of 93.7 FM to iHeart on June 20th.

Slightly off topic but also I don't know if this is related to anything or a concidence. But Hal Moore had his last show today on KCKK according to a video on The Rock's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/937Therock/...8714927049519/

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Slightly off topic but also I don't know if this is related to anything or a concidence. But Hal Moore had his last show today on KCKK according to a video on The Rock's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/937Therock/...8714927049519/
    The sale of KCKK's translator at 93.7 FM to iHeart was approved on the 20th by the FCC.
    So depending on the plan between the Hunts and iHeart (which isn't public), iHeart could be running it any time now.
    With Hal's departure, it looks like sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The sale of KCKK's translator at 93.7 FM to iHeart was approved on the 20th by the FCC.
    So depending on the plan between the Hunts and iHeart (which isn't public), iHeart could be running it any time now.
    With Hal's departure, it looks like sooner than later.
    So long to the Rock! Janice is going to make tons of people mad! She should have sold off the whole station instead of the translator! Why she would do this?
    What a dumb move she made, she built up a great station that was needed and she does this right after her anniversary of The ROCK! Why to go with Janice!

I just looked at Radio-locator.com and saw that Iheart did rename the station as KDFD.
    So it seems like the change is happening now???

Ok starting this monday, Hal Moore made the announcment. That is when Iheart well take over 93.7.

Randy Jay is now doing mornings on 93.7 The Rock along with The Coach. Randy has taken Jack's place on the morning show.
    ok ok old news there! Now for the latest info

We all know now that 93.7 has been taken over for Iheartradi,
    Another sad news... Baby Hall has called it quits more like retirement, so that means no morning shows ever. I doubt it if she well be able to find anyone now that she sold that translmitter to Iheart. She is going go loose so much from that stupid sale.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Ok starting this monday, Hal Moore made the announcment. That is when Iheart well take over 93.7.
    93.7 FM is still simulcasting KCKK. What time Monday is the iHeart takeover of 93.7 FM happening? As of 8am Monday, it hasn't happened...

Sad to see that someone is hijacking the KCKK Facebook thread for Hal's retirement by attacking the owner of KCKK for selling 93.7 FM.

Thread Information