17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 192

0 members and 192 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default More shake up at Townsquare Media (Windsor)

Well i just told that more changes has come over at Townsquare media!

I wonder who is running the show over there now? Because they have decide to kill KTRR for this:

RETRO 102.5! Yeah say good bye to a legndary station folks, KTRR is DEAD!
    I wish this was an April fools joke but it seems to be true! The folks over there, seems to be on dumb trip!
    First reprogramming K99, and making it into some kind of odd country station and now this to a good station that was doing really well!

Who is the owner over there?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Default KTRR Fort Collins Goes Retro

From Radio Insight:

Townsquare Media has rebranded Classic Hits “Tri 102.5” KTRR Loveland/Fort Collins CO as “Retro 102.5“.

KTRR had utilized the “Tri 102.5” moniker since the 1980s mostly with various forms of AC. The station flipped to Classic Hits in September 2016. KTRR will continue to focus its playlist on hits of the 1970s through 90s. The on-air lineup remains intact with WFGR Grand Rapids based JoJo Girard in mornings, Kama in middays, and Dave Jensen in afternoons.

The rebranding of KTRR follows the recent relaunch of Country “K99” KUAD as “New Country 99.1” last month.

more

They probably made these changes according to a consultant who said their ratings would be higher with them. KUAD was already #1 with a 5.4 in the Fall 2018 Ft. Collins/Greeley ratings. KTRR was #4 with a 4.1. The only way to see if these changes were dumb is to see what the next ratings bring. It's all about the mighty $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They probably made these changes according to a consultant who said their ratings would be higher with them. KUAD was already #1 with a 5.4 in the Fall 2018 Ft. Collins/Greeley ratings. KTRR was #4 with a 4.1. The only way to see if these changes were dumb is to see what the next ratings bring. It's all about the mighty $$$.
    I bet they well loose alot of business, by playing the 70's! What business would want to hear disco music these days? I doubt any business would want to hear this kind of format. Yes, it is in my opinion is not a smart move at all! I am not sure what the PD over there is thinking about getting rid of a well known radio station (TRI) and rebranding it as Retro? Just listen to it at some point even in the morning it really sucks!
    This is reminding me of how badly back in the days KHOW was ran! It seems like they have no directions over there on what they are doing. Glad DOC, left and went back to stable company (Iheart radio).

I wonder about their ratings, well kuad keep the #1 spot with this new way or sink? Would Retro sink even more? They should have left it as TRI it was not doing that badly!
    This post came from Radiodude!

Thread Information