17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 159

0 members and 159 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,607
Threads: 24,941
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (44,981)
Welcome to our newest member, IrishDunca

Visitor Map

Default Changes at KDSP 760 AM - Lindahl and Crockett gone

iHeartRadio KDSP 760 AM (Orange and Blue 760) let both morning host Andy Lindahl and afternoon host/ex-Denver Bronco Ray Crockett go on Wednesday (2/20/19).

No details on why or if this is because the station will soon be changing format.

KDSP scored a 0.1 rating and a 19,300 person cume in the January 2019 12+ radio ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    iHeartRadio KDSP 760 AM (Orange and Blue 760) let both morning host Andy Lindahl and afternoon host/ex-Denver Bronco Ray Crockett go on Wednesday (2/20/19).

No details on why or if this is because the station will soon be changing format.

KDSP scored a 0.1 rating and a 19,300 person cume in the January 2019 12+ radio ratings.
    They really thought that an all Broncos Format would last? They need to go back to playing tunes again, and find a good FM frequency to put 760 on as well! That could help?
    760, has always had disappointing ratings for the longest time.
    This post came from Radiodude!

KDSP has a construction permit to have a Denver-based translator at 99.9 FM. Maybe a Breeze is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KDSP has a construction permit to have a Denver-based translator at 99.9 FM. Maybe a Breeze is coming...
    That would be great for Denver! They haven't had that kind of music being played over there, in over a decade or more!

Default Lindahl Exits KDSP and KOA/Denver as Sports Reporter/Host

From Radio Online:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AndyLindahlXL.png 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	1028

Longtime Sports KDSP-AM (Orange & Blue 760) and News/Talk KOA-AM/Denver sports host and reporter Andy Lindahl exits the iHeartMedia outlets. Previously he hosted middays on KDSP and "Primetime Sports with Andy Lindahl" from 7-10pm on KOA-AM/Denver. Lindahl told his Facebook followers that he exited both stations where he also served as sideline reporter for the Broncos broadcasts on KOA.

Lindahl wrote on Facebook last week, "All good things come to an end they say. My run at iHeartMedia now falls into that category. It wasn't good though, it was great. Incredible actually. I lived my dream for 20 years, and wouldn't trade a minute."

He plans to continue his podcast "Afterhours With Andy."

more

Looking at the FCC's database of stations in Colorado at 99.9, the 60 dBu signal coverage of KDSP's translator (K260DQ) will cover only the Golden / Wheat Ridge / Arvada area at 0.1 watt. And by the way, KVOD has a 0.25 watt translator in Boulder (K260AL) and then there are the much stronger stations in Pueblo (KVUU at 57kW) and northern Colorado (KKPL at 50kW) that converge here in the middle on top of each other.

I don't know about the rest of you, but listening to anything on 99.9 is not possible for me in the Tech Center. I sorta doubt the new 0.1 watt signal will be listenable in much of the city with all those competing signals. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by RGDenver View Post
    Looking at the FCC's database of stations in Colorado at 99.9, the 60 dBu signal coverage of KDSP's translator (K260DQ) will cover only the Golden / Wheat Ridge / Arvada area at 0.1 watt. And by the way, KVOD has a 0.25 watt translator in Boulder (K260AL) and then there are the much stronger stations in Pueblo (KVUU at 57kW) and northern Colorado (KKPL at 50kW) that converge here in the middle on top of each other.

I don't know about the rest of you, but listening to anything on 99.9 is not possible for me in the Tech Center. I sorta doubt the new 0.1 watt signal will be listenable in much of the city with all those competing signals. We'll see...
    That is a short signal quality there? What is the point with IheartRadio then putting 760 on 99.9 if the watt of the signal is going to be so weak? It make no sense? Why just aim it for Golden?
    I was thinking of the same exact thing? KKPL, and KVVU and KDSP in the middle? Talk about a weird bleed thru!

Thread Information