17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 241

0 members and 241 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Soft AC "The Breeze" Coming To Denver?

Over the last few months, there's been a bunch of stations around the country going Soft AC and a lot are using "The Breeze" name.

I also noticed a few months ago that KWBL 106.7 FM HD-2 is now "The Breeze" and with that change, iHeart may be considering putting that format on an analog Denver area FM signal.

They could use the 94.1 FM translator signals (one in Denver, one in Boulder) that currently simulcast KBCO 97.3 FM HD-3 which is currently KOA 850 AM. They could also put the format on 760 AM which has a pending permit to have a Denver translator on 99.9 FM - probably more likely than putting it on 94.1.

They could also put it on their lowest revenue generating full-signal FM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Over the last few months, there's been a bunch of stations around the country going Soft AC and a lot are using "The Breeze" name.

I also noticed a few months ago that KWBL 106.7 FM HD-2 is now "The Breeze" and with that change, iHeart may be considering putting that format on an analog Denver area FM signal.

They could use the 94.1 FM translator signals (one in Denver, one in Boulder) that currently simulcast KBCO 97.3 FM HD-3 which is currently KOA 850 AM. They could also put the format on 760 AM which has a pending permit to have a Denver translator on 99.9 FM - probably more likely than putting it on 94.1.

They could also put it on their lowest revenue generating full-signal FM.
    What? Did the Denver market recently re-opened again to allow in full strength FM stations (New ones) to come in?
    Interesting... So a soft rock station for Denver?!?! Been decades since there was such a format in Denver! What was the last one? Oh Yeah SUNNY 95.7.. Oh and when KOSI 101 was actually
    playing music close to their station name! This should be quite interesting to see how that takes off, and dumping the Talk station of the Denver Broncos and re-putting music back on 760??! WOW!!!
    I never thought I would see and hear the day that they could do that?
    Softrock and Top 40 music blends so well once your north of Denver?!
    This post came from Radiodude!

I've been listening to the Breeze on 106.7 the past few days, I like it. Its nice to have a Soft AC station to listen to. KOSI 101 might be "real music variety" but its too all over the place for me. I dont want to hear a song from a year ago and then right into a overplayed song on both KOSI and KOOL 105 like Bon Jovi "living on a prayer". KOSI may do well on the balance sheet and in the ratings but for me they have no real identity. Do they want to be KOOL 105 or a Soft AC station?

I agree with Joshua. KOSI needs some competition. If IHeart is smart then they will take on Bonneville with "The Breeze" Soft AC format in Denver. IHeart is already denting KYGO with The Bull. Why not now take on KOSI. It would be nice to hear a true Soft AC station in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by svigil View Post
    I agree with Joshua. KOSI needs some competition. If IHeart is smart then they will take on Bonneville with "The Breeze" Soft AC format in Denver. IHeart is already denting KYGO with The Bull. Why not now take on KOSI. It would be nice to hear a true Soft AC station in Denver.
    What are you talking about? There is no mention about 106.7 having the Breeze on HD2, and there is no mention of it on Iheart's radio page? If there was such a format they would have included it on the web page so people can listen to it? But they haven't? Googleing it shows up nothing about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    What are you talking about? There is no mention about 106.7 having the Breeze on HD2, and there is no mention of it on Iheart's radio page? If there was such a format they would have included it on the web page so people can listen to it? But they haven't? Googleing it shows up nothing about it either.
    Read my post that started this thread. Just tune in to KWBL 106.7 FM HD-2 to hear it. It has been on the air since around September or October.

Then again? Why hasnt Iheartradio added it to their website by now? There isnt any mention about it anywhere online? When they put any station they would add it to their site. If you go to ihearts website and tupe in "The Breeze" it well show all the other stations by that name but, none in Denver.

It's a big secret that they asked to not tell you.

Thread Information