14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 100

0 members and 100 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,247
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,287)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default JACK FM IS GONE!!!!

I don;t know when this happened, but i just found out.. 105.5 JACK FM IS GONE!!!!

IN REPLACE IS CLASSIC COUNTRY 105.5 BOB FM!!! DAMN!
    As of 4pm today they flipped Jack to BOB FM which is a classic Country Format. They have no idea what or what format they well stick with (as i found out when I called the after hr person). In fact as i found out (after calling) they trying something new with this format.. Putting Personalities on 105.5! In other words, they have no clue on what they are going to do with BOB or if they well go back to Jack.
    Last edited by radiodude; September 7th, 2012 at 05:08 PM.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I don;t know when this happened, but i just found out.. 105.5 JACK FM IS GONE!!!!

IN REPLACE IS CLASSIC COUNTRY 105.5 BOB FM!!! DAMN!
    just heard it's going to simulcast 102.3 KDSP.
    Last edited by Chase; September 7th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Default All Access - KJAC/Northern Colorado Flips To Sports As 105.5 ESPN

From All Access:

FRONT RANGE SPORTS NETWORK has announced that it is flipping Adult Hits KJAC (105.5 JACK FM)/TIMNATH-FORT COLLINS-GREELEY, CO to the Sports format it has on KDSP (102.3 ESPN)/DENVER as 105.5 ESPN.
    The stations' lineup includes ESPN RADIO's MIKE AND MIKE IN THE MORNING and COLIN COWHERD, the DENVER-based LES SHAPIRO and JOJO TURNBEAUGH noon-3p and CHARLES JOHNSON and NATE KRECKMAN 3-7p, and ESPN RADIO at other times.
    "The power of ESPN along with our live and local content is a win-win for ALL NORTHERN COLORADO Sports Fans," GM TOM MANOOGIAN said in a press release. "They have spoken and we listened!!! MIKE AND MIKE IN THE MORNING is the #1 sports morning show in DENVER and we can't wait to have them on in NORTHERN COLORADO on 105.5 ESPN."

More...

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    just heard it's going to simulcast 102.3 KDSP.
    Your right they are! ODD.. before 5 it was BOB FM.. Now it is ESPN! Confusing very very confusing format. I guess BOB was just a very extermly short lived format.

They are running teases over and over about being the new home for sports... with clips from KDSP shows... but not simulcasting yet...

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Your right they are! ODD.. before 5 it was BOB FM.. Now it is ESPN! Confusing very very confusing format. I guess BOB was just a very extermly short lived format.
    Bob turned out to be a stunt format and whats Incredibly ironic two days ago I recently said in a thread on this site that since 870 KJMP dropped ESPN we could possibly see a ESPN Simulcast with KDSP on KJAC. Turns out my suspicions were correct.

Default Radio Insight - Jack Throws In The Towel In Denver

From Radio Insight:

The first JackFM in the United States is no more.
    Currently stunting as Classic Country “105.5 Bob-FM“, Front Range Sports Network will flip “105.5 Jack-FM” KJAC Timnath/Fort Collins CO to a simulcast of “ESPN 102.3” KDSP Greenwood Village/Denver.
    The move brings the stations, which simulcasted from 2008 to 2010 as Jack-FM back together as KJAC covers the northern portions of the Denver market, while 102.3 serves Denver and the western suburbs. 105.5 was supposed to flip to the national ESPN feed in January of this year, but Front Range Sports instead merged the national programming with 102.3′s local programming.
    KJAC became the first station in the United States to flip to Variety Hits in April of 2004.

More...

KJAC was the first Jack FM formatted station in the US starting in April of 2004. It's too bad it went from all live with top personalities to years later, an all automated station with no promotions or real presence in the market. I think if they would've concentrated on the north end of the state instead of trying to just be a Denver station, the music format could have worked with their limited signal coverage.

I'm not sure how this change to simulcasting KDSP will increase their income revenue-wise. Unless they are looking at more national advertisers.

The Bob format was probably a screwup since that format is also fed via Dial Global, where they were getting the Jack feed.

POST DELETED
    Last edited by Rob; September 7th, 2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Racism is not allowed here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Bob turned out to be a stunt format and whats Incredibly ironic two days ago I recently said in a thread on this site that since 870 KJMP dropped ESPN we could possibly see a ESPN Simulcast with KDSP on KJAC. Turns out my suspicions were correct.
    Will your very good at predicting such events Chase. Amazing you were right after all? Sad that they didn't care to keep Jack around one bit. It could have been a great station.

Thread Information