17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 228

0 members and 228 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default FCC Report 3/8: More Power For Denver's Wolf

From Radio Insight:

FM Changes

KSE Radio Ventures Country "92.5 The Wolf" KWOF Broomfield CO applies to increase power and drop their antenna height from 56kw/377m to 92.7kW/307m with a directional array pointed right into Denver while sacrificing its coverage in the Fort Collins market.
    The post FCC Report 3/8: More Power For Denver’s Wolf appeared first on RadioInsight.
    more

More Power huh? Well it's April folks and look, 92.5 Is still The wolf with no news on flipping the format to Sports!
    I wonder why they want to increase the power wattage of the wolf?
    Its not like anyone can pick up 92.5 out side of Denver? What would that due to 92.5 The peak in the springs?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Reminder The Peak is at 92.9, not 92.5, so no impact there.

The way I interpret the FCC's 60 dB contour maps at https://transition.fcc.gov/fcc-bin/f...2=&EW=W&size=9, the new signal will increase coverage to the north, but stay about the same to the south.
    Last edited by RGDenver; April 11th, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

KWOF's Old Coverage and New Coverage. It gives the station better coverage to the south.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kwof.old.jpg   kwof.new.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KWOF's Old Coverage and New Coverage. It gives the station better coverage to the south.
    I still don't count this out as being maybe the calm before the storm. I just don't see the Wolf sustaining with KYGO and the Bull which still will have superior signals. Turn off FM Stereo like talk stations like to do and the coverage will be good. After the antenna shift I wouldn't be surprised if we see a switch. Go into FM battle with the Fan before this, and they may feel they could miss the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I still don't count this out as being maybe the calm before the storm. I just don't see the Wolf sustaining with KYGO and the Bull which still will have superior signals. Turn off FM Stereo like talk stations like to do and the coverage will be good. After the antenna shift I wouldn't be surprised if we see a switch. Go into FM battle with the Fan before this, and they may feel they could miss the boat.
    I totally agree with everything you said.
    Best for them to wait to change it until the signal is better and people don't tune out because of signal issues.

I wonder if their signal overlapping with KYOY is the only thing preventing them eventually getting the transmitter on Lookout... I think they need to get that stick up there to cover places better, especially in office buildings or with all of the terrain we have here in the metro area. This application they have seems to only be a small improvement to their coverage.

I totally agree with everything you said.
    Best for them to wait to change it until the signal is better and people don't tune out because of signal issues.

I wonder if their signal overlapping with KYOY is the only thing preventing them eventually getting the transmitter on Lookout... I think they need to get that stick up there to cover places better, especially in office buildings or with all of the terrain we have here in the metro area. This application they have seems to only be a small improvement to their coverage.
    I doubt it that KYOY would have any problems with this signal upgrade! The thing is? It still can be heard up here very clearly? At least it well now cover all of the Denver Metro Area for once!
    The signal has never been an issue up here in NoCo, ever! I really doubt it if they would ever drop country from 92.5 for sports? It seems like to me at last that no matter how low the ratings are? They would still stay with the same format.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    I really doubt it if they would ever drop country from 92.5 for sports? It seems like to me at last that no matter how low the ratings are? They would still stay with the same format.
    I'd think that as well, except we have to remember who owns the Wolf. They are sports people through and through. Mix and Kool are for sure not going anywhere so that leaves the Wolf. The only way to ever attempt to beat the Fan is FM. People are reluctant to listen to AM and it seems newer cars without true AM antennas don't get the stations as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'd think that as well, except we have to remember who owns the Wolf. They are sports people through and through. Mix and Kool are for sure not going anywhere so that leaves the Wolf. The only way to ever attempt to beat the Fan is FM. People are reluctant to listen to AM and it seems newer cars without true AM antennas don't get the stations as well.
    And don't forget, before KSE bought these stations, they were publicly saying they wanted an FM signal in Denver that they could do sports on.

And don't forget, before KSE bought these stations, they were publicly saying they wanted an FM signal in Denver that they could do sports on.
    Now I'm questioning it though. They started being vocal on-air telling listeners they can be found on 105.1 HD2. But at the same time, that could be a bridge move. They know their listenership would increase a lot on FM, and this may be an admission. They were hesitant before to share that they were on 105.1 HD2.

Thread Information