17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 164

0 members and 164 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,607
Threads: 24,941
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (44,981)
Welcome to our newest member, IrishDunca

Visitor Map

Default Stephen Clark To Lead New WOMC Detroit Morning Show

From Radio Insight:

Entercom Classic Hits 104.3 WOMC Detroit has revealed that former WXYZ-TV news anchor Stephen Clark will join the station on Monday, April 2 to lead its new morning show. Clark retired at the end of February after 40 years in television including the last 16 years at WXYZ as their 6 and 11pm weekday anchor. He previously worked in Colorado Springs, San Diego, Washington DC, and at WCBS-TV New York before coming to Detroit. A co-host for the new “104.3 WOMC Mornings with Stephen Clark and*” will be revealed on Thursday, April 5. Bobby Mitchell and Stacey DuFord exited the morning slot at WOMC at the end of 2017 with former WKLB Boston morning host Jeff Miles filling in until a new permanent show was announced. Entercom, the #1 creator of live, original, local audio content in the United States, today announced the launch of a new morning show on 104.3 WOMC (WOMC-FM), Detroit’s heritage classic hits radio station, debuting Monday, April 2, 2018. The new weekday morning show will feature former TV news anchor Stephen Clark and a second co-host that will be revealed on Thursday, April 5. The “104.3 WOMC Mornings with Stephen Clark and*” show will air from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. ET. “Stephen is an integral part of the fabric of Detroit and we are thrilled to have him open this new chapter in the station’s rich heritage,” said Debbie Kenyon, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Detroit. “Stephen’s connection with our local community, his personality and love of music make him a great fit to take the helm of the new WOMC morning show.” “I am thrilled to be returning to my radio roots where I began my broadcast career and only the legendary WOMC could have brought me out of retirement,” said Clark. “I have a unique relationship with the Detroit community from my time on television and I’m looking forward to deepening that connection via daily conversations and direct interactions with listeners every morning on 104.3 WOMC.” Stephen Clark recently retired from WXYZ after 16 years as anchor of the 6:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. newscasts. Clark began his media career as a newspaper photographer, and also worked as a radio reporter and DJ before taking the TV anchor chair. Clark is also a singer-songwriter who performs around the Detroit area.
    The post Stephen Clark To Lead New WOMC Detroit Morning Show appeared first on RadioInsight.
    more

Thread Information