17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 213

0 members and 213 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They probably won't be able to compete with ratings (at least short term), but it will help their revenue with advertising by being able to bundle their stations together in packages to sell ads. They will be able to show they reach more formats and demographics out there. Revenue is better than ratings for any business.

I have been thinking about what format they will do.
    I'm thinking Country.
    Hint: look at who iHeart Denver's SVP/Programming is and what formats he has done recently. ;-)

There's too many AC, Hot AC, Oldies AC competitors.

Maybe iHeart knows something we don't, like the Wolf is going sports... so that would leave only KYGO to take on.
    Yep, I'm ALMOST willing to put money on it. 106.7 FM will be going Country.

Then why hasn't KBPI not been announcing the frequency change like The bear has been doing? If The Wolf is going Sports? Same thing? No announcements at all.
    I would think they would ( at KBPI) announce the move to 107.9 instead of keeping it quite?
    This post came from Radiodude!

I just found this article while searching for anything on KBPI frequency change:

http://www.insideradio.com/free/repo...b91153f8a.html

From what i read? Stars format is going to 106.7 to for some reason or another try to compete with KOSI? (Does anyone see a battle happening here soon?) (grin)

radiodude It's probably just the call letters that's moving there.

iHeart is transitioning in stages. KPAW on air folks announced listeners can hear The Bear only on 92.9 starting Monday morning. I'm only speculating, but perhaps KBPI will start simulcasting on 106.7 and 107.9 next week, starting Monday morning. At that point, on air folks would direct listeners to start using 107.9.
    Last edited by RGDenver; December 7th, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Then why hasn't KBPI not been announcing the frequency change like The bear has been doing? If The Wolf is going Sports? Same thing? No announcements at all.
    I would think they would ( at KBPI) announce the move to 107.9 instead of keeping it quite?

I like to wonder if the Wolf would dent KYGO if they blew up Mix 100 (another station I cannot stand) and put the Wolf on 100.3? It's funny that just south of Castle Rock i can't pick up the Wolf but I lock onto their HD signal in Cheyenne. Put the Wolf on 100.3, Sports on 92.5 and get rid of Mix 100 gets my vote. But I reckon Mix 100 does a good billing despite sounding like a bunch of amateurs.

Mix hasn';t been a decent station. I think the only reason why they are still around is because of the KIMN call letters! I don't think anyone would want that to happen ( i mean to get rid of the KIMN call letters). Yes it is an annoying station. So monday is the day? I wonder if that is true? Since KBPI has never mad any announcement about this? Which is odd, since i figure they would make some kind of announcement by now if this is going to really happen?
    Also Iheart is planning on moving 97.1 Star to 106.7 to compete with KOSI? That is what I also read?

As of 5:30 this morning, the switch was on and now it seems like Iheart took over 107.9 KDZA. At 6 am Willie B made the official announcement!

Default KBPI/Denver To Simulcast To Fort Collins And Colorado Springs

From All Access:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbpilogo.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	973

iHEARTMEDIA Active Rock KBPI/DENVER is now simulcasting on FM translator K300CP/DENVER, plus the signals of Classic Rock KPAW/FORT COLLINS and Active Rock KDZA (Z107.9)/PUEBLO-COLORADO SPRINGS. The move bumps KPAW's format (as 92.9 THE BEAR) to the 92.9 FM slot formerly occupied by AC KYWY (STAR 92.9)/CHEYENNE, WY, which has moved to K246CI/CHEYENNE as STAR 97.1 and is in CHRISTMAS music mode. KBPI will continue to be heard on the 106.7 frequency until the end of the year, when a new format is unveiled.
    “I’m excited to bring revamped rock programming to rock fans across COLORADO,” iHEARTMEDIA/DENVER Region Pres. TIM HAGER said. “The opportunity to take THE BEAR heritage brand and serve a larger NORTHERN COLORADO footprint and simultaneously take the heritage brand of KBPI to truly ‘Rock the Rockies’ across the entire state will serve our listeners, partners and the community in a tremendous way!”

more

If they go country, iHeart seems to like The Bull and Nash FM. 1067thebull.com is owned by iHeart and recently vacated by a station in Detroit that went alternative rock late last month.

Well here it is almost 1 week later since KBPI changed frequencies and they are still simlucasting on their old frequency! If Iheart really had something to put on 106.7, I would think they would have done it by now!
    Nothing yet on 106.7

Thread Information