17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 198

0 members and 198 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Well here it is almost 1 week later since KBPI changed frequencies and they are still simlucasting on their old frequency! If Iheart really had something to put on 106.7, I would think they would have done it by now!
    Nothing yet on 106.7
    They're not going to do anything until sometime after Christmas.

For those of you in southern Denver, what do you think of signal quality on 107.9? I've been sampling south of I-225 and am disappointed in the amount of background noise I'm hearing. While the signals on 106.7 and 107.9 are simulcasting, comparison is easy and (to me) there is no comparison in quality. Whereas 106.7's 100K watt signal is crystal clear, the signal at 107.9 isn't as listenable. I assume those of you closer to downtown and points north won't notice any difference, but I sure do in the southern part of town.

Quote Originally Posted by RGDenver View Post
    For those of you in southern Denver, what do you think of signal quality on 107.9? I've been sampling south of I-225 and am disappointed in the amount of background noise I'm hearing. While the signals on 106.7 and 107.9 are simulcasting, comparison is easy and (to me) there is no comparison in quality. Whereas 106.7's 100K watt signal is crystal clear, the signal at 107.9 isn't as listenable. I assume those of you closer to downtown and points north won't notice any difference, but I sure do in the southern part of town.
    Here I was told they worked on it to perfected! I guess that repeater that is ontop of a building, isn't doing that well after all? I was wondering how good that signal quality is in that part of Denver? Now I know.

RGDenver, call KBPI and let them know this ASAP next week! They are assuming that they come in loud and clear!
    This post came from Radiodude!

I'm in Western Westminster just north of Standley Lake and can't pick up 107.9 FM here, even with an amplified outside antenna. I used to be able to get KPAW 107.9 FM from Ft. Collins clearly before the Denver translator was put on the air. Now 107.9 here is just a bunch of noise.

And after doing some digging, here's what 106.7 FM will become after Christmas...
    106.7 The Bull - Colorado's New Country
    http://1067thebull.iheart.com/

You saw it here first! ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kbpi.png  

It appears iHeart took down the web site for the new 106.7 FM format - 106.7 The Bull - Colorado's New Country. I'm not sure if that happened because they are reconsidering doing the format or if the more likely reason - it just got too much attention once I posted it and then others reposted my info and they wanted it to be a secret for a little longer not to tip off KWOF or KYGO.

I wonder what the higher-ups that run Country KWOF 92.5 FM are thinking, and if they will use iHeart's possible dive into the country format in Denver to change formats? They had registered altitude925.com over the summer.

Tune in now!!! New format coming at 5pm Tonight!!

This is going to be interesting to see how this effects 98.5 and 92.5. All the country music, and they are using KYWY as their call letters. KYGO and KWOF, has something to be worrief about then. 10thousands watts of power.

106.7 FM's web site is back up, but online streaming isn't yet. I'm told they are going to do commercial-free programming until February 1st. They will be changing their call letters to KWBL.

I can't get KBPI at their new location at 107.9 FM. But just noticed it's available if you have an HD Radio on 95.7 FM HD-2. The audio processing on this HD feed sounds terrible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    106.7 FM's web site is back up, but online streaming isn't yet. I'm told they are going to do commercial-free programming until February 1st. They will be changing their call letters to KWBL.

I can't get KBPI at their new location at 107.9 FM. But just noticed it's available if you have an HD Radio on 95.7 FM HD-2. The audio processing on this HD feed sounds terrible though.
    Really? How is that even possible? 107.9 tower has always been heard in parts of Denver? Unless your talking about the weak transmitter? Something tells me that they didn't work out all the kincks before swapping.
    This is going to be truly interesting thing to watch? How well this new station effect both KYGO and KWOF? How did you find out what it well be Rob? Wondering? If they built a new studio for this in the same building?

Thread Information