17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 166

0 members and 166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,607
Threads: 24,940
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (44,980)
Welcome to our newest member, IrishDunca

Visitor Map

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    Really? How is that even possible? 107.9 tower has always been heard in parts of Denver? Unless your talking about the weak transmitter? Something tells me that they didn't work out all the kincks before swapping.
    This is going to be truly interesting thing to watch? How well this new station effect both KYGO and KWOF? How did you find out what it well be Rob? Wondering? If they built a new studio for this in the same building?
    The 107.9 FM signal in Denver is a 100 watt translator located in downtown Denver. So the signal is weak in a lot of spots. And it causes interference with the 107.9 FM signal from Ft. Collins in places like here at my house in Westminster where I used to receive the old KPAW 107.9 FM signal great. It's probably true for the south of Denver too where KDZA's signal affects it, and vice-versa. They may try to get the Denver translator moved to Lookout Mt. which "could" help.

KBPI's ratings weren't good in Denver and this was a way for them to keep it on the air on a lower quality signal in Denver, while using the KBPI brand in Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs to battle their competitors in those markets. I wonder if they will try to run different commercials in each KBPI market with the 3 signals, or just run more national advertisers since it makes no sense for a lot of local advertisers to advertise in a city they aren't in?

I'm told KWBL will be local in all day parts after they run a syndicated morning show. They will have a new studio on February 1st. iHeart is gunning for KYGO in a big way and I bet starting the beginning of the year, you will see a lot of advertising and billboards for it.

Default KBPI/Denver Flips To Country As 106.7 The Bull

From All Access:

iHEARTMEDIA Rock KBPI/DENVER flipped to Country as 106.7 THE BULL today (12/18), launching with 10,000 commercial-free songs in a row, and anchored by PREMIERE syndicated "THE BOBBY BONES SHOW" in mornings. The move brings a third Country outlet to the MILE HIGH CITY, as THE BULL joins BONNEVILLE KYGO, and KSE VENTURES KWOF (92.5 THE WOLF).

SVP/Programming JOJO TURNBEAUGH, who'll also serve as PD for the new station, commented, “We’re proud to be home of COLORADO’s New Country. After launching with ‘two miles’ of continuous music – over 10,000 songs in-a-row – we’ll welcome 'The BONES Show' in the morning followed by local personalities, who will provide listeners with the best Country music and content you won’t hear anywhere else.”

iHEARTMEDIA/DENVER President TIM HAGER added, “Today marks the dawn of a new day for DENVER’s country fans. No other company embraces the country lifestyle better than iHEARTMEDIA. Our unparalleled resources, unique on-air and digital content, and strong industry partnerships – are the foundation upon which 106.7 THE BULL is built. Add local programming, community involvement and the unmatched reach of iHEARTMEDIA DENVER, and it’s clear that 106.7 THE BULL will quickly become the destination for local Country listeners.”

more

They really didn't test this before they did all this switching! *shaking my head*. I knew this was a bad idea from the start!
    And now, they are trying to go after Goliath, that has been #1 in Denver's Market for well over a decade? They well try it with a syndicated morning show? Sheez, has Iheart lost it or something? This is a ridiculous idea! What do you expect? 100k watt verses a 100thousand watt out of the springs? They well always end up fighting and sounding crappy!
    Iheart is going to have a hard time competing with KYGO, that's for a sure fact!

Competitors? Here in Northern Colorado? LOL! We got none! Sheez. We don't have a true rock station, they tried it with KPAW and went back to the classic rock format! What they need to do is shut down the repeater and just use both the KDZA's tower and the one up here!
    That might work?
    This post came from Radiodude!

Sooooo... JoJo brought his Vegas station to Denver....

Come on KSE, Altitude 92.5.... maybe the Bull can hire some of the Wolf people on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I wonder if they will try to run different commercials in each KBPI market with the 3 signals, or just run more national advertisers since it makes no sense for a lot of local advertisers to advertise in a city they aren't in?
    that would violate 74.1231-i, in that the booster would be be making it's own independent transmissions/program origination.
    really, that would just dilute their own marketshare at the expense of traffic and more automation systems to keep around.

what i think is happening here is that the fcc has recently repealed the local studio rule. iheart is really just flipping kbpi while consolidating operations up and down the front range. look for your station to be a local sales office with a box hooked to a transmitter.

The Denver signal isn't a booster, but a translator of a HD signal. So I think they could legally automate their "network" to run separate commercials in each market.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The Denver signal isn't a booster, but a translator of a HD signal. So I think they could legally automate their "network" to run separate commercials in each market.
    It can be done? All they have to do is set it up with their computers at the 107.9 studio in the springs to run their own commercials, and then it re-joins up with KBPI again. This has been going on for years with other stations that carries another signal of another station. All they have to do is synchronize it with KBPI when they come back from their commercial break.

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    It can be done? All they have to do is set it up with their computers at the 107.9 studio in the springs to run their own commercials, and then it re-joins up with KBPI again. This has been going on for years with other stations that carries another signal of another station. All they have to do is synchronize it with KBPI when they come back from their commercial break.
    well, it depends on how they license it. cochannel boosters must carry identical programming. translators get 30 seconds per hour. Given it's #18 rank and demo, but in multiple markets it'd make sense just to treat it as a regional network; it'd be a strong national machine and youd get all the time rather than splitting it network/affiliate since you're both.

Yes, several automation systems have this sort of thing built in now. rcs calls it wancasting (what a name!), wideorbit had a thing called leader/follower.

Quote Originally Posted by spikey View Post
    well, it depends on how they license it. cochannel boosters must carry identical programming. translators get 30 seconds per hour. Given it's #18 rank and demo, but in multiple markets it'd make sense just to treat it as a regional network; it'd be a strong national machine and youd get all the time rather than splitting it network/affiliate since you're both.

Yes, several automation systems have this sort of thing built in now. rcs calls it wancasting (what a name!), wideorbit had a thing called leader/follower.
    Humm.. This is an interesting thing Iheart is trying to do! I mean no other radio company in this country has ever tried anything close to do this! Couldn't the station in the springs be set up in away to when KBPI goes into a break that one in the springs can play their own commericals and have the computer know when KBPI goes back to playing music? Couldn't it be done like that?
    That station has to have some revenue in order to stay in business unless Iheart plans on closing that station up and just using the transmitter to cover the springs?

I noticed something interesting on IheartRadio..

They have tons of stations called "The Bull" all across this country, caring the same format and morning show host! I am just surprised about that actually?

Thread Information