17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 194

0 members and 194 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default Wendy Williams doin' well, with talk-show's move to KTVD

From the Denver Post:

"Shocking-pink-and-killing-my-feet Manolos," Wendy Williams says, when asked about the heels clearly giving her blisters and pitching her to a height of "6'1" in dancing shoes."

"In real life," she advises, "you can get them at Aldo for $50."

Williams stopped by KTVD recently to press the flesh with advertising clients in advance of her talk show's debut.

At 3 p.m. Monday, the local airwaves will be crowded with talkers: "Katie," the new and highly anticipated Katie Couric entry, debuts on KMGH. Jeff Probst of "Survivor" fame makes his weekday bow on KCNC. Judge Judy returns to KDVR. Ellen deGeneres celebrates her Season 10 premiere on KUSA. And "The Wendy Williams Show" comes to KTVD.

"How you doin'?"

The jump from KCDO to KTVD represents a significant boost in viewership and ad rates for Williams. Depending how it does, the show has the possibility to climb even higher, to Gannett sister station and NBC affiliate KUSA.

The show's new, larger, HD-equipped studio in New York's Chelsea neighborhood may help.

At 48, the imposing host, veteran of TV and radio, has dreams of empire. Like Oprah or Martha Stewart before her, she envisions fashion lines, multimedia production and more. She has a production deal with veteran TV producer Suzanne de Passe to bring original scripts to cable. Someday she'll produce a reality show, says the former "Dancing with the Stars" contender. From there, onward to shoes and wigs.

Meanwhile, she's all about the wigs, the tears, the puns, the tales of plastic surgery ("I had the tummy tuck, lipo, breast implants...") and celebrity chat. Williams draws the line at talking about politics, although she's gladly hosted politicians and pundits of all stripes (John McCain to Rachel Maddow) and has invited both 2012 major party presidential candidates to come on the show.

"It's tough to keep all the balls in the air and still moisturize," she says.

Her goal is to be the giggly girl next door, "just a woman from New Jersey who happens to have a talk show," someone you'd want to share a glass of wine with and to whom you'd eagerly confess your secrets. She's not of Hollywood, she stresses, although she likes to rub shoulders with those types. "I do my own nails."

When she mentions her miscarriage and her subsequent "talks with God," she tears up.

"I'm a crier," she says.

As if we didn't know.

For now she's focused on getting the season rolling, although she can't help noting that "my wig person got an Emmy, I didn't get one." She fears becoming "the Susan Lucci of daytime." But she's got a quarter-century or so of Emmy snubs to endure before she can claim that title.

More...

Thread Information