17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 173

0 members and 173 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,035
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,075)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    Right now they have Wyoming Football game on the Wolf. Makes me wonder how a country / sports hybrid station would work. Sports during the day and country all night and on weekends when their isn’t an Av’s game or football game to air. Maybe classic country.
    Well that is a first for any Denver Station to air a Wyoming game? Stranger indeed! Well, you know alot of FM stations are doing that? Look at ROck 102.9 they are the home for all the CSU games. And 103.5 The Fox is home to the Denver Broncos now. So why not 92.5? Even 92.9 has hockey on it at some times when they play? So why not 92.5? Why not? It doesn't mean The Wolf well ever dump their country format at all! THe new owner just see this has a money making opportunity to air games on The wolf!
    TO air Wyoming games? Interesting for a Denver station.
    This post came from Radiodude!

I ageee! I don’t mind sports on a music station. I listened to the Wyoming game for a good hour while driving home. A couple of the players worked out this summer at my CrossFit gym. I don’t see it as being a bad move since Laramie and Cheyenne are pretty much just suburbs of Colorado anymore and there are plenty of folk like me that like listening to games on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    I ageee! I don’t mind sports on a music station. I listened to the Wyoming game for a good hour while driving home. A couple of the players worked out this summer at my CrossFit gym. I don’t see it as being a bad move since Laramie and Cheyenne are pretty much just suburbs of Colorado anymore and there are plenty of folk like me that like listening to games on radio.
    Turns out the Wolf aired the Wyoming game bc 950 had a rapids game after all. They've been doing that the past couple years with the Avs and Nuggets. If one is on 950 at the same time, the other is on 92.5.

So far, no changes to 92.5 the Wolf....

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    So far, no changes to 92.5 the Wolf....
    More then likley there won't be! Why change it? If all they want to do is broadcast some games every now then like alot of FM stations are doing this year,
    why dump the Country format? It's good that they decided to do this, but I wondering why they chose 92.5 and not like KXKL or KIMN to do sports on? hummm.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Quote Originally Posted by radiodude View Post
    More then likley there won't be! Why change it? If all they want to do is broadcast some games every now then like alot of FM stations are doing this year,
    why dump the Country format? It's good that they decided to do this, but I wondering why they chose 92.5 and not like KXKL or KIMN to do sports on? hummm.
    92.5 since the inception of Altitude 950 has simply been a backup station for 950 when 2 games are in conflict. The game that is earlier gets 950, the other 92.5. That's what happened Saturday as well.

Just announced: Altitude 92.5 on Sept 17. Announced on air on 950 now. 950 will become a full time Fox Sports Radio station.

Default Wolf Out; Altitude Sports Incoming For 92.5 Denver

From Radio Insight:

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment has announced that “Altitude Sports 950” KKSE Parker/Denver CO will move to 92.5 on Monday, September 17.

The move to 92.5 will replace Country “92.5 The Wolf” KWOF Broomfield. New KKSE-FM call letters have already been reserved for the FM. With the move of the local programming to 92.5, 950 will pick up the national Fox Sports Radio network feed and serving as overflow outlet for play-by-play.

KWOF was third ranked Country station with a 1.3 share in the August 2018 Nielsen Audio ratings released today trailing Bonneville’s 98.5 KYGO with a 6.2 and iHeartMedia’s “106.7 The Bull” KWBL’s 2.3 share. KKSE, which serves as the flagship station for the co-owned NBA Denver Nuggets, NHL Colorado Avalanche, and MLS Colorado Rapids, held a 0.2 share. The move will make it the second full-powered FM Sports station along with Bonneville’s “104.3 The Fan” KKFN, which held a 2.9 share of the Denver audience.

So AM 950 was nice to us and all, but starting September 17th you’ll be hearing us over on Altitude 92.5 FM. Tell your friends. Tell your enemies.

— Nate Kreckman (@NateKreckman) September 5, 2018

The post Wolf Out; Altitude Sports Incoming For 92.5 Denver appeared first on RadioInsight.
    more

Default KSE/Denver To Move Nuggets, Avalanche, Local Sports Talk To KWOF; Adds Fox Sports To KKSE-A

From All Access:

KROENKE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT (KSE) will drop the Country format on KWOF (92.5 THE WOLF)/DENVER on SEPT. 17th to become the broadcast home for the COLORADO AVALANCHE and DENVER NUGGETS, as well as offer ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO local programming currently heard on KKSE-A. KKSE will then air FOX SPORTS RADIO featuring COLIN COWHERD, DAN PATRICK and TOM LOONEY and JT THE BRICK.

“Our new FM and AM approach to DENVER sports radio will serve fans of local teams as well as sports fans of teams throughout the country,” KSE RADIO SVP/GM BRENDA EGGER said. “DENVER sports fans, no matter their history and alliances, will be well-served by our two-station approach that includes the best local and national play-by-play and Sports/Talk.”

On top of the NHL and NBA broadcasts, KWOF will now be the home for local hosts such as VIC LOMBARDI, SCOTT HASTINGS, JULIE BROWMAN, MARC MOSER, NATE KRECKMAN and RYAN HARRIS.

“Whether your favorite sports team is local or based outside COLORADO, ALTITUDE 92.5 FM and ALTITUDE AM 950 have you covered,” said ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO PD DAVE TEPPER. “ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO’s new two-platform delivery is the perfect blend of local and national sports radio.”

more

Default KSE/Denver Drops Country Programming To Move Nuggets, Avalanche, Local Sports Talk To KWOF; Adds Fox Sports To KKSE-A

From All Access:

KROENKE SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT (KSE) will drop the Country format on KWOF (92.5 THE WOLF)/DENVER, effective MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, to become the broadcast home for the COLORADO AVALANCHE and DENVER NUGGETS as ALTITUDE 92.5 FM. On top of the NHL and NBA broadcasts, KWOF will now be the home for local hosts such as VIC LOMBARDI, SCOTT HASTINGS, JULIE BROWMAN, MARC MOSER, NATE KRECKMAN, and RYAN HARRIS. KWOF will also offer ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO local programming currently heard on KKSE-A; the KKSE-A signal will then air FOX SPORTS RADIO featuring COLIN COWHERD, DAN PATRICK and TOM LOONEY, and JT THE BRICK. Former KWOF PD/morning man BO JAXON is now in search of his next opportunity.

“Our new FM and AM approach to DENVER sports radio will serve fans of local teams, as well as sports fans of teams throughout the country,” said KSE RADIO SVP/GM BRENDA EGGER. “DENVER sports fans, no matter their history and alliances, will be well-served by our two-station approach that includes the best local and national play-by-play and Sports/Talk.” Added ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO PD DAVE TEPPER, “Whether your favorite sports team is local or based outside COLORADO, ALTITUDE 92.5 FM and ALTITUDE AM 950 have you covered. ALTITUDE SPORTS RADIO’s new two-platform delivery is the perfect blend of local and national sports radio.”

more

Thread Information