17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 193

0 members and 193 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

The signal for 92.5 seems to be stronger. So the upgrades must have been completed. Can anyone in the fringe areas confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The signal for 92.5 seems to be stronger. So the upgrades must have been completed. Can anyone in the fringe areas confirm?
    I just checked and where I'm at in Larkspur it is much clearer than it has been. So you're probably right maybe the upgrades are done. I did notice too that the signal is not in stereo because the stereo light didn't come on when I tuned in. That could be a possibility too on why it's clearer than before.

i checked in my truck today before i removed 92.5 from my presets; and it locked on to their HD signal, HD2 is gone. The signal was still iffy on Parker Road near Franktown.

It's probably the lack of a stereo carrier that is making it a little better. Hard to say if they have completed their upgrades.

I remember in the mid-1980s to 1990's when 104.3 FM (KS-104) had their transmitter north of Boulder, then Eldorado Mountain, then near Firestone/Frederick (where KWOF's transmitter is now). In 1999, it was moved to Lookout.
    104.3 didn't go sports until 2008.

I wonder if 92.5 can get it moved to Lookout like 104.3 did and make it a little directional so that it doesn't affect KYOY 92.5 FM in Hillsdale, Wyoming. Any upgrades to KWOF 92.5 FM (soon to be KKSE FM) have to keep KYOY in mind.

It's too bad they didn't leave one of the country formats they had on one their HD signals. I bet they made a deal with iHeart to get country listeners to switch to "The Bull" and quit all of them. The Wolf's website now forwards to "The Bull's" site.

I thought KSE would maybe get an FM translator for 950 AM, but they never applied for one that I know of. That could've been an option to keep "The Wolf" around.

What floors me is that they kept MIX 100 instead of the Wolf. What an awful station (Mix 100) . Denver and especially the rural areas surrounding the city are country listeners, i find it hard to imagine that MIX was bringing in more revenue then the Wolf.

I thought 104.3 the Fan's transmitter was on Green Mountain?

I think i should start a new discussion about this but speaking of transmitter locations, did KYGO move off Squaw pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
    What floors me is that they kept MIX 100 instead of the Wolf. What an awful station (Mix 100) . Denver and especially the rural areas surrounding the city are country listeners, i find it hard to imagine that MIX was bringing in more revenue then the Wolf.

I thought 104.3 the Fan's transmitter was on Green Mountain?

I think i should start a new discussion about this but speaking of transmitter locations, did KYGO move off Squaw pass?
    Ugh. You are right about KKFN being on Green Mountain. Better than Fredrick/Firestone though. LOL.

KYGO did move and is now on a new multiplexed directional antenna with KIMN, KOSI, KXXL on Mount Morrison. KVOD, KUVO and KCFR will all also be moving to the same antenna on Mount Morrison in the future. I posted about tower when it was proposed here: http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/...-KCFR-and-KXKL

Ugh. You are right about KKFN being on Green Mountain. Better than Fredrick/Firestone though. LOL.

KYGO did move and is now on a new multiplexed directional antenna with KIMN, KOSI, KXXL on Mount Morrison. KVOD, KUVO and KCFR will all also be moving to the same antenna on Mount Morrison in the future. I posted about tower when it was proposed here: http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/...-KCFR-and-KXKL
    I remember the post about the tower on Mt. Morrison I just didn't know KOSI and KYGO were also moving to that tower. Wonder why KYGO moved off Squaw pass after all these years?

And down south of Castle Rock the Fan still comes in much better then 92.5, if 92.5 came in as well as the other FM's in town I still believe they would have survived as a country station.

A total tangent but related a little...
    To address all of the radio station transmitter moves:

I know that there's going to be a shuffling of station transmitter locations due to the TV station "repacking" that the FCC ordered. Radio stations will have to go off the air when a TV station on a shared tower or close to it has to complete their "repacking", which is where they have to switch frequencies and in a lot of cases, their antenna's and transmitters to match the new frequency.

The goal for a radio station is to move so that repacking will not cause them to go off the air.

Here's a link to the stations in the Denver DMA that have to move (they are highlighted in blue): https://www.rabbitears.info/repackch...=&lss=&status=

Forgot all about the repack. I did some more reading and im surprised on how much its impacting FM, i also forgot their was a TV transmitter on Squaw Pass sharing facilities with KYGO, hence probably the KYGO move.

A total tangent but related a little...
    To address all of the radio station transmitter moves:

I know that there's going to be a shuffling of station transmitter locations due to the TV station "repacking" that the FCC ordered. Radio stations will have to go off the air when a TV station on a shared tower or close to it has to complete their "repacking", which is where they have to switch frequencies and in a lot of cases, their antenna's and transmitters to match the new frequency.

The goal for a radio station is to move so that repacking will not cause them to go off the air.

Here's a link to the stations in the Denver DMA that have to move (they are highlighted in blue): https://www.rabbitears.info/repackch...=&lss=&status=

Thread Information