14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 1 2 3 4

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 112

0 members and 112 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,265
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,305)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default KXDP-LP 87.7 FM Denver Goes "Easy" With A Soft AC Format. Then Goes Silent. UPDATE: Now Spanish Music.

KXDP-LP 87.7 FM has dumped its Spanish ESPN Desportes Sports format for a Soft AC format. Liners bill it as "The Easy FM" and "Lite & Easy Favorites".

The station is being leased to Front Range Sports from Syncom and it is really an analog TV signal - Channel 6 analog. The frequency can only be used for analog broadcasting until 2015 when will lose its back door into the FM dial and will have to go digital TV in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    KXDP-LP 87.7 FM has dumped its Spanish ESPN Desportes Sports format for a Soft AC format. Liners bill it as "The Easy FM" and "Lite & Easy Favorites".

The station is being leased to Front Range Sports from Syncom and it is really an analog TV signal - Channel 6 analog. The frequency can only be used for analog broadcasting until 2015 when will lose its back door into the FM dial and will have to go digital TV in 2015.
    So even though that frequencie well be terminated by the FCC in a few years, they still kept it? Oddly up here in Fort Collins, there isn't anything on there but dead air! So it well be a short term format.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Yep, dead air here too. I tuned in the other night and it was dead air and thought it was probably just a temporary thing. I wonder what's going on...

Still dead air as of this morning. I'll reach out to them and see what is going on and see if they are still going with the Soft AC format they were running last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Still dead air as of this morning. I'll reach out to them and see what is going on and see if they are still going with the Soft AC format they were running last week.
    So, I wonder why they decided to drop the spanish version of ESPN? And go with this format? If it ever takes over for the last few yrs of them having 87.7?
    So have you heard back from them yet Rob?

I got busy and finally had time to shoot off an email. I'm waiting to hear back. ;-)

I never did hear back... they are still broadcasting dead air on 87.7 FM so Front Range may be giving up on that frequency or their lease agreement with Syncom has expired...

The thing is though, the FCC is going to have the REALITY that Channel 6 is on 87.7, it really can't be used for DTV. If there was ever a case of political reality not jiving with the realities of RF, this would be it

Sorry but the politicians are just going to have to eat their crow on this one. Too many radios out there that can tune to 87.7 (The LAST thing we need is IBOC of a different form clogging up the FM dial in the form of intermod)

Cheers & 73
    Pat Cook
    Englewood, CO

Default KXDP-LP Spanish Music

After 2 and a half months of dead air, KXDP-LP 87.7 FM now has a spanish music format.

To put this subject to close, yesterday ( 12/7/2013), I sat in my car, and I tuned to 87.7 and what i heard was not soft rock or easy or anything like that.
    They kept with the spanish format, but instead of Spanish sports, they chose to do some kind of Spanish music format. It is on the air.

Thread Information