17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 253

0 members and 253 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KIMN 100.3 FM Denver (Mix 100) Changes Format (For 5 Minutes)

This evening, I was listening to Mix 100 and at 5:50, right in the middle of a Taylor Swift song, they switched to playing "Red Rubber Ball" by The Cyrcle. They then played "I Can't Get Next to You" by The Temptations. Then, there was a jingle that sang "All oldies all the time, KOOL 105," and afterwards, "Go Away Little Girl" by Steve Lawrence played. All of these are from the mid 1960's. After Steve Lawrence, they cut back to their regular music at 5:55. A little after 6, the DJ played a phone piece of someone asking if the station had been hijacked. The DJ made light of it and said yes they had been. The Temptations and Steve Lawrence cuts are listed on their playlist at http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/wh...77078045070077. I'm not sure what happened other than perhaps a computer malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Jam View Post
    This evening, I was listening to Mix 100 and at 5:50, right in the middle of a Taylor Swift song, they switched to playing "Red Rubber Ball" by The Cyrcle. They then played "I Can't Get Next to You" by The Temptations. Then, there was a jingle that sang "All oldies all the time, KOOL 105," and afterwards, "Go Away Little Girl" by Steve Lawrence played. All of these are from the mid 1960's. After Steve Lawrence, they cut back to their regular music at 5:55. A little after 6, the DJ played a phone piece of someone asking if the station had been hijacked. The DJ made light of it and said yes they had been. The Temptations and Steve Lawrence cuts are listed on their playlist at http://www.mediabase.com/whatsong/wh...77078045070077. I'm not sure what happened other than perhaps a computer malfunction.

LOL, classic computer goof up! Man that must have been great to hear on the radio. It's a rare case that a computer would goof up so badly that it would link right into one of it's sister stations like that?
    SInce i would figure, there would be safe guards to prevent such a major malfunction to happen like that? I guess not huh? But i bet the DJ on duty at the time was confused at best on what was going on there.
    This post came from Radiodude!

Its wasn't long ago that the same thing happened to the Wolf. They were playing AT40 with Ryan Seacrest one weekend for what seemed like forever. Seeing how no one was likely home in the studio, they probably had to wait until someone of importance noticed it and hauled a## to the station to correct or login and correct.

KXKL still does an "oldies" format on their HD-2 channel. So it was probably a mixup with that feed on KIMN, just like the one on KWOF with KIMN's Ryan Secrest show.

With all of the different "channels" they probably do out of the same rooms (since it is mostly automated), they probably have computers side by side - either the software can have issues or it could be human error causing the mixups.

I run multiple live internet radio feeds out of the same studio, and can voicetrack them on the same board. But have each screen labeled with what each one is. And I don't think I've ever mixed them up in the 8 years I've been doing it.

Each channel pulls the tracks from the same server that has all of the music stored (and that's probably how they have it at KWOF, KIMN and KXKL), so I guess it can happen that way too if something goes awry or if someone drags over the wrong track. LOL

Thread Information