17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31 1 2 3 4 5 6

Today's Birthdays

None

Online Users: 315

0 members and 315 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,266, August 18th, 2023 at 08:18 PM.

Stats

Members: 3,608
Threads: 25,050
Top Poster: Colorado Media Newsroom (45,090)
Welcome to our newest member, EmelyC2670

Visitor Map

Default KDSP To Air Denver U. Hockey, Lacrosse

From All Access:

FRONT RANGE SPORTS NETWORK Sports KDSP (102.3 ESPN)/DENVER will once again be the home of DENVER UNIVERSITY hockey and will add game coverage of men's lacrosse this season under a new deal with the school. The 2012-13 season will be the station's third as DU hockey flagship. JAY STICKNEY will call PIONEERS hockey for the 13th season, while MITCH HYDER will call lacrosse.
    "We are extremely excited to continue our relationship with DU hockey and to begin our partnership with DU men's lacrosse," said KDSP GM TOM MANOOGIAN. "We feel privileged to bring these two quality programs to our listener base on 102.3 ESPN."

"We are pleased to continue our radio partnership with 102.3 ESPN," hockey coach GEORGE GWOZDECKY said. "For the third consecutive year, all of our regular-season and postseason games will be broadcast on one sports radio station, which our loyal fans certainly appreciate. We have another challenging schedule, highlighted by NORTH DAKOTA, COLORADO COLLEGE, BOSTON UNIVERSITY, and WISCONSIN."

"As the DENVER PIONEERS continue to make our presence known throughout the lacrosse world, we are thrilled to announce that all of our home games will be on 102.3 ESPN," head lacrosse coach BILL TIERNEY said. "Our media exposure is most important to us as our fan base grows. So, whether we are on national television, 102.3 ESPN or PIONEER VISION, the PIONEER Lacrosse Nation will be able to follow us in action. Our 2013 season will be the most challenging one we have faced thus far, and our home schedule has some 'can't miss' games."

more

While the priority has to be Denver Pioneers hockey coverage for KDSP 102.3, an unfortunate consequence is that on two upcoming Saturday evenings in October two Pioneers' games will conflict with KDSP's responsibilities as an affiliate of the Wyoming Cowboys Radio Network. Wyoming games on SAT 6 OCT at 5:00 pm MDT at Reno against the Nevada Wolfpack, and on SAT 20 OCT at 8:30 pm MDT in Fresno against the Fresno St Bulldogs are likely to be preempted, although the second half of the Fresno St game may make it to air upon completion of the Pioneers' game broadcast and postgame coverage that evening at Magness against the Air Force Falcons which is scheduled for a 7:07 pm opening faceoff. The Nevada game is up against a 7:07 pm start also at Magness, an exhibition game against the University of British Columbia Thunderbirds, but it is unclear at this point if KDSP will be broadcasting that exhibition game.

I wonder if they will bump any conflicts to KJAC or KXDP-LP? At this point since they are "all in" with the ESPN format on 102.3 and the ratings dropping KJAC (with little or no promotion going on to help build it up), if they eventually do a simulcast with KDSP on KJAC? I bet that will happen soon. The original plans for Front Range was to have both frequencies be sports.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rob View Post
    I wonder if they will bump any conflicts to KJAC or KXDP-LP? At this point since they are "all in" with the ESPN format on 102.3 and the ratings dropping KJAC (with little or no promotion going on to help build it up), if they eventually do a simulcast with KDSP on KJAC? I bet that will happen soon. The original plans for Front Range was to have both frequencies be sports.
    Thats a great point. And I suspect that since KJMP 870 is I'm assuming no longer ESPN that we may see a ESPN simulcast taking place on KJAC.

I guess we were right as Jack is now gone.

JACK FM IS GONE!!!!

Thread Information