PDA

View Full Version : Jay Mariotti, Woody Paige Reteam For 'Unmuted' Daily Sports Podcast

Colorado Media Newsroom
December 16th, 2016, 12:05 PM
From All Access:

Sports columnists and former ESPN "AROUND THE HORN" combatants JAY MARIOTTI and WOODY PAIGE will host a daily sports podcast, "UNMUTED: THE DAILY SPORTS PODCAST," launching JANUARY 3rd. MARIOTTI, formerly at the CHICAGO SUN-TIMES, ESPN, and SPORTING NEWS RADIO, is based in LOS ANGELES; PAIGE, based in DENVER, remains a panelist on "AROUND THE HORN" and a columnist for the COLORADO SPRINGS GAZETTE.

"Love the name of the show -- and not just because I came up with it," said MARIOTTI. "It means there are no filters, no mute buttons, no PC police, just honest and smart sports discussions in the current climate of fake news, trashy websites and corporate sanitizing. This is going to be a blast, going at it with WOODY again. We were drawing about a million viewers some afternoons on ATH. Someone was watching, apparently."

PAIGE added, "One of the greatest joys of my life for more than a decade on ESPN was debating with, discussing with and, mostly, arguing with JAY MARIOTTI about all sports. I'm thrilled that JAY and I will resume bantering and bickering, being serious and having fun, on our daily podcast -- unedited, unencumbered, unplugged and, yes, unmuted. Gives me something to live for and look forward to."

more (http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/160860/jay-mariotti-woody-paige-reteam-for-unmuted-daily-?ref=rss)