PDA

View Full Version : Margot Chobanian (formerly of Atlanta's Dave FM) off to KUNC's new AAA station at 105.5 FM

Rob
December 14th, 2015, 10:30 PM

Margot Chobanian, a long-time jock at Dave FM from 2004 to its demise in 2012, has a new job in Colorado and is leaving Atlanta soon.

She posted this earlier today on Facebook:

Goodbye, Atlanta! *Apparently, you can not only take the girl out of Michigan, you can also take her out of Atlanta and put her in Colorado. Fort Collins/Greeley/Denver, to be more specific. NPR station KUNC bought a stick just for music and it signs on 2/29 as a Triple A. I will be there when it does; helping them sign on and grow the music station. And be on air too!

The Denver NPR station 91.5 KUNC-FM will be able to air news and information all the time on that signal and will start a new station at the end of February as a Triple A station on the 105.5 FM signal similar to what Dave FM used to be.

This type of music is Margot’s specialty. She has been running her own independent EAVRadio station online which is her version of adult alternative. She isn’t sure the future of it.

Margot said in a text that she will start in Denver Feb. 1. “I’m so excited,” she wrote, without meaning to reference the Pointer Sisters.

She was the evening jock at Dave FM for many years and was assistant program director as well. The station became sports talk 92.9/The Game in October, 2012.

Nothing on Atlanta radio has truly replaced Dave. The closest has been Radio 105.7, which only goes back to the 1990s in its mix of adult-oriented rock. (Dave played rock going back to the late 1960s.)

more (http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/13/margot-chobanian-formerly-dave-fm-off-to-denver-aaa-station/)

radiodude
December 15th, 2015, 12:04 AM

Margot Chobanian, a long-time jock at Dave FM from 2004 to its demise in 2012, has a new job in Colorado and is leaving Atlanta soon.

Goodbye, Atlanta! *Apparently, you can not only take the girl out of Michigan, you can also take her out of Atlanta and put her in Colorado. Fort Collins/Greeley/Denver, to be more specific. NPR station KUNC bought a stick just for music and it signs on 2/29 as a Triple A. I will be there when it does; helping them sign on and grow the music station. And be on air too!

The Denver NPR station 91.5 KUNC-FM will be able to air news and information all the time on that signal and will start a new station at the end of February as a Triple A station on the 105.5 FM signal similar to what Dave FM used to be.

This type of music is Margot’s specialty. She has been running her own independent EAVRadio station online which is her version of adult alternative. She isn’t sure the future of it.

Margot said in a text that she will start in Denver Feb. 1. “I’m so excited,” she wrote, without meaning to reference the Pointer Sisters.

She was the evening jock at Dave FM for many years and was assistant program director as well. The station became sports talk 92.9/The Game in October, 2012.

Nothing on Atlanta radio has truly replaced Dave. The closest has been Radio 105.7, which only goes back to the 1990s in its mix of adult-oriented rock. (Dave played rock going back to the late 1960s.)

more (http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/13/margot-chobanian-formerly-dave-fm-off-to-denver-aaa-station/)

Well good for her I think? Wait, what? I thought 105.5 would be in Nothern Colorado, not in Denver still? Hasn't anyone learned yet that where the Transmitter is, it can't reach into most of Denver area? Plus
there is that news/talk station on 105.5 in Colorado Springs! So I am a bit confused here? I thought he was going to house 105.5 in Greeley though?

radiodude
December 15th, 2015, 07:34 AM

Well good for her? So the studio well still be in Denver? I thought it would be in Northern Colorado, more so in Greeley? I thought, they learned that where the transmitter is, it won't be able to cover all of Denver? Plus they got the station in Colorado springs on the same frequency?

Rob
January 16th, 2016, 02:06 AM
KUNC is now simulcasting on 105.5 FM.