PDA

View Full Version : 7News investigative reporter Keli Rabon departs for Houston

Colorado Media Newsroom
April 10th, 2015, 05:54 PM
From The Denver Post:

Award-winning investigative reporter Keli Rabon, who joined KMGH-Channel 7 in 2012 and made a national splash with her series on untested rape kits in 2013, will depart KMGH for the ABC-owned station KTRK in her hometown of Houston.

In a note to station staffers, General Manager Brad Remington expressed “disappointment,” noting, “we’d like to think we made Keli agonize over her decision this week, but ultimately the hometown draw was too much*We also want to say that the tradition of great investigative reporting will continue at KMGH. Scripps, the station, myself and our new news director are all extremely committed to investigative journalism, and so the search will begin immediately for a terrific investigative reporter to join this elite team.”

“I was having to choose between one family and another family,” Rabon said. “In the end, Houston was where I felt like I need to be. Brad moved heaven and earth to try to keep me and I’ve only known him for a month* His dedication to investigations made it so hard.”

“It was the hardest decision of my life,” she said. “I haven’t had a good night sleep in weeks.”

In jumping to Houston, Rabon will go to a larger TV market, from No. 17 to No. 10, according to Nielsen’s rankings. Part of the appeal of working for a network-owned station is the easier access to network news shows such as “Good Morning America.” Keep an eye out for Rabon’s reporting to turn up on ABC in the future.

More... (http://blogs.denverpost.com/ostrow/2015/04/10/7news-investigative-reporter-keli-rabon-departs-for-houston/22070/)

StormDoc
April 13th, 2015, 08:45 PM
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Keli for a story she did last fall. She did a great job with the investigation, and I'll miss her reports after she's left.