PDA

View Full Version : What opinions on this

radiodude
March 24th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I find this quite interesting, I have been listing to Jack.FM for sometime, and every time on the top of the hr they, seem to use a previous stations call Signs (KJAC), which as well know is still on the air at 105.5.
I did call down there and told her about this, but I would really like some opinion on this one. Is there a law suit that the owners of 105.5 can do with Spark Net Communications for using their call Signs and also for stating where it is license to? Spark net has been doing this for some time, and I am just now speaking up about this, because I find this to be quite confusing really.

Rob
March 25th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I find this quite interesting, I have been listing to Jack.FM for sometime, and every time on the top of the hr they, seem to use a previous stations call Signs (KJAC), which as well know is still on the air at 105.5.
I did call down there and told her about this, but I would really like some opinion on this one. Is there a law suit that the owners of 105.5 can do with Spark Net Communications for using their call Signs and also for stating where it is license to? Spark net has been doing this for some time, and I am just now speaking up about this, because I find this to be quite confusing really.

Who did you call about this? Sparknet or KJAC?

I doubt there's anything illegal about streaming the feed they probably used to provide to KJAC when they had that format.

radiodude
March 26th, 2015, 06:52 AM
Who did you call about this? Sparknet or KJAC?

I doubt there's anything illegal about streaming the feed they probably used to provide to KJAC when they had that format.

That's just it, I called the main line of KJAC and told them about this, and she was unware that Spark NEt was using KJAC and so was everyone else over there. I don't think that Spark Net has any rights
to use KJAC, on Jack.FM streaming at all! In fact it is quite confusing as well, since they also mentioned the cities it broadcast to? Kinda strange, and sometimes they don't say KJAC either. They do use it and I know
that is not right for them to do that!