PDA

View Full Version : KUSA Senior Producer Leaves After 34 Years

Rob
July 1st, 2014, 07:45 PM
From 9 News: http://www.9news.com/story/life/2014/06/25/jack-maher-9news-last-day/11351671/

KUSA senior producer Jack Maher is signing off after 34 years producing the Denver NBC affiliate’s morning newscast. On the station’s website, Maher looks at the evolution of the show from his first broadcast — a “disaster” half-hour newscast — to today:

Today, we’re churning out four-and-a-half hours of morning content with a highly talented, highly energized crew of on air and behind-the-scenes pros. Some days, I can’t believe how that little show I started 34 years has evolved and grown. That growth has included me, as I’ve acquired new skills as a multimedia journalist. I’m enormously proud and grateful too.

Why leave? I’ve taken this morning show as far as I could. It’s time for a new generation to take over, as I head off to a new gig as a multimedia guy with Jefferson County Schools. No more midnight alarms. Won’t miss that. But I will miss all my great colleagues at 9NEWS, and more importantly, you. Thanks for riding along.