PDA

View Full Version : Denver HD Radio

bossmsx
April 5th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Looking at a road trip to Denver in about a month....Had a couple of questions about the radio scene:

Is KRWZ/950 still running IBOC on AM??

Also, are 92.5 and 100.3 running any HD sidechannels??

Thanks.

Rob
April 5th, 2014, 07:54 PM
You can reference what is in HD and what formats are carried on the Denver/Boulder Radio Dial/Ratings Page:
http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/home.php?pageid=denverradio

I have a couple of HD radios and try to update any changes everyday.

KRWZ 950 AM dropped their HD signal a few months ago. It was only in mono when it was active. Their signal in stereo is on KKFM 104.3 FM HD-2.

KWOF 92.5 FM only carries their primary format in HD. The same with KIMN 100.3 FM.

KIMN seems to not have their HD sidebands cranked up very much and their HD signal seems to be a hard one to lock most of the time, even with a strong signal. I have a signal analyzer and you can see what it looks like. You can see the difference compared to KQMT 99.5 FM's HD sidebands.

DavieGravy
April 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I haven't been able to get KIMN's HD side channel in a long time. I thought they quit broadcasting it.

Rob
April 14th, 2014, 09:37 PM
It's there, but not turned up enough to easily receive. It amazes me that the OM or the PD of these stations that seem to have issues with the HD channels don't check them and let their engineering staff know about it.