PDA

View Full Version : KCNC (CBS4) will begin their morning newscast at 4:30 AM starting Monday

Chase
January 9th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I was watching CBS4's morning newscast this morning and they said that starting Monday January 13 they will be starting their morning show at 4:30 AM.

radiodude
January 9th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I was watching CBS4's morning newscast this morning and they said that starting Monday January 13 they will be starting their morning show at 4:30 AM.

So it beings.. They jumped on the morning news bandwagon. I bet that was great news to the anchors, I wonder who they chose to anchor the morning news? Are they going to try to compete against
9news and GOOD Day Colorado, along Channel 2?

iowegian3
January 10th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Those in the industry may have more information that supports such early start times. I always thought 5 AM start times for morning shows was pushing the limit. I felt fortunate that as a traffic reporter ten years ago in a smaller metro market that we didn't generally start reports until 6AM. Now they have traffic reports consisting mostly of "5 o'clock and all's well" and the all important ten second ad at 5AM. Bad broadcasting in my book.

Supposedly having the wee bitty audience at 4:30 helps to build the numbers for the five o'clock hour, but is it about bragging rights more than revenue generation?