PDA

View Full Version : Community radio group holding grassroots meeting

jtr115
August 19th, 2012, 07:18 AM
The Colorado Media Justice Foundation and other local nonprofits are working to get an LPFM license for a community radio station in Colorado Springs.

The CMJF will hold a community picnic and meeting from 1-4 PM on Sunday, August 19th at the Carmike Cinema, 1550 Pulsar Dr. (near Fountain and Academy.)

Rob
August 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Do you know who's behind it or if they are a non-profit or filing for a non-profit status? I wonder what format they want to do?

I visited their web site (http://www.mediajusticefoundation.org/)and it had very little info on that. This is all that is there.

"COLORADO MEDIA JUSTICE FOUNDATION
We seek new relationships to media and a new vision and reality for its ownership, control, access, and structure. CMJF is committed to the promotion of communication, education, entertainment, & understanding of diverse populations by providing a forum, including non-commercial low-power FM community radio, for both the discussion of public issues and the expansion of musical and cultural experiences. RADIO POWER TO THE PEOPLE! info@mediajusticefoundation.org."

Hopefully, they will post specifics with what their goals are. And how they will be funded. It appears they are using a GoDaddy free web site.

jtr115
August 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I don't know about the organization. I just saw a promotional message about this event during my Sunday morning shift at KRCC. I couldn't make it to the community meeting.