PDA

View Full Version : EMF & Unites States CP Swap Stations In Calhan (Outside Colorado Springs) & Pueblo

Colorado Media Newsroom
November 1st, 2013, 05:25 AM
From All Access:

EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION is swapping Contemporary Christian KKCS 104.7 FM (K-LOVE)/CALHAN, CO and $400,000 cash to W. PHILIP ROBINSON's UNITED STATES CP, LLC in exchange for Country KIQN 106.9 FM PUEBLO, CO.

more (http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/123913/emf-swaps-in-colorado?ref=rss)

Rob
November 1st, 2013, 06:29 PM
I just looked at the documents filed October 4th and part of the deal with EMF is that before close, US CP gets a construction permit (CP) for KIQN 106.9 FM to increase to 100,000 watts and move to the same tower as KRYE 104.9 FM. And to be able to use the same antenna as KRYE (owned by USCP).

After closing, US CP should apply for a CP for KKCS 104.7 FM to move it closer into the Colorado Springs market, as right now the station doesn't cover much population. It may be tough since KKCS is on the same frequency as KVMT in Vail and has to respect any interference issues. If a CP for that kind of move isn't granted by the FCC, I see this deal as a way better deal for EMF since they will have great coverage for Pueblo and part of the Springs...

jtr115
November 3rd, 2013, 05:46 AM
I just looked at the documents filed October 4th and part of the deal with EMF is that before close, US CP gets a construction permit (CP) for KIQN 106.9 FM to increase to 100,000 watts and move to the same tower as KRYE 104.9 FM. And to be able to use the same antenna as KRYE (owned by USCP).

After closing, US CP should apply for a CP for KKCS 104.7 FM to move it closer into the Colorado Springs market, as right now the station doesn't cover much population. It may be tough since KKCS is on the same frequency as KVMT in Vail and has to respect any interference issues. If a CP for that kind of move isn't granted by the FCC, I see this deal as a way better deal for EMF since they will have great coverage for Pueblo and part of the Springs...

KSTY 104.5 in Canon City would also prevent KKCS from moving closer to Colorado Springs, unless they go back to being a Class A station. K-Love simulcasts on a 96.5 translator in Colorado Springs.

Actually, back when the former KKCS (the country station) had moved to 104.5, I thought they should have used 104.7 to cover the Eastern part of the market that their old 101.9 signal served.

Rob
November 3rd, 2013, 06:47 PM
I totally forgot about KSTY. Don't they have a low power translator on Cheyenne Mountain? A lot has changed on the Springs' dial since I left there in 1995. A lot of move-ins and such...