PDA

View Full Version : KSME 96.1 FM HD-2 shifts from Old School Hip-Hop to 70s and older Classic Rock

Rob
October 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Clear Channel KSME 96.1 FM has changed formats on their HD-2 channel from Old School Hip-Hop to 70s and older Classic Rock. No station IDs are running at this time and it is a strange change since this could have an effect on their Classic Rock outlet, KPAW 107.9 FM (The Bear).

radiodude
October 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Clear Channel KSME 96.1 FM has changed formats on their HD-2 channel from Old School Hip-Hop to 70s and older Classic Rock. No station IDs are running at this time and it is a strange change since this could have an effect on their Classic Rock outlet, KPAW 107.9 FM (The Bear).

Station id? Simple it well just be called KSME 96.1 HD2.. so you have an HD radio I take it? That would be interesting, but then again KPAW is more in the airea of 80's classic rock then the 70's.

Rob
October 8th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I have HD radios in the car and at home. I try to scan through all of the ones on a regular basis that still broadcast HD to see if there's any changes so I can keep the radio dial lists updated.

Usually on the HD subchannels, they have a format slogan or at least a station ID.

But for this format, there is none yet.

I wonder if this format will eventually be used on a translator like KPAW's HD-2 is now?

Dr Jam
October 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I try to scan through all of the ones on a regular basis that still broadcast HD to see if there's any changes so I can keep the radio dial lists updated.

Thanks for scanning through the dial. I appreciate all the updates on this site.

radiodude
October 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Rob,
No it won't you know darn well that is already covered by Radio 94.9.