PDA

View Full Version : Denver radio July '12 ratings posted

Rob
August 7th, 2012, 01:24 PM
The latest Denver radio ratings for July '12 have been posted on our site (http://www.coloradomedia.net/forums/home.php?pageid=denverradio). ;)

Rob
August 7th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Here's what I see glancing at the latest ratings:

Winners: KTCL at #5. KPTT at #7. KALC beating KIMN by 0.6. KWOF and KJHM in the top 20.

Losers: KBCO dropping to #8. KYGO dropping to #13. KKFN dropping out of the top 20. KDSP losing, not gaining and still at the bottom.

Ghost of Timber Dick
August 7th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Here's what I see glancing at the latest ratings:

Winners: KTCL at #5. KPTT at #7. KALC beating KIMN by 0.6. KWOF and KJHM in the top 20.

Losers: KBCO dropping to #8. KYGO dropping to #13. KKFN dropping out of the top 20. KDSP losing, not gaining and still at the bottom.

This never would have happened when Bob Call was alive. He'd have never stood for it.

Ok, my sources tell me that Bob is still alive, if not well. I remember the day when Mr. Call fought to make KYGO #1 EVERY BOOK. The sales staff sold the station for premium prices because it was (with a few exceptions) the top station in the market. I wonder how they're trained to sell KYGO now.

Rob
August 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
They probably did way better in their demos... I wish I could get demo ratings (age and sex breakdowns, etc.) on all of the stations because it is more important and how they sell ad time.

Ghost of Timber Dick
August 8th, 2012, 08:16 PM
They probably did way better in their demos... I wish I could get demo ratings (age and sex breakdowns, etc.) on all of the stations because it is more important and how they sell ad time.

Understood; however, if they were doing well in the target demos, they'd be solidly in the top 5. KYGO's target demo hasn't changed much (if any) over the years. In the good ol' days, they had enough listeners in the target demo group to put them (and keep them) solidly in the top spot 12+. The lack of a decent morning show has to really be killing them.