PDA

View Full Version : Jammin 105.7 Moves DJ Thump To Mornings; Picazzo Stevens Joins As Music Director/Afternoon Host

Colorado Media Newsroom
June 15th, 2022, 12:28 PM
From Radio Insight:

https://radioinsight.com/wp-content/images/2019/06/jammin1057-200x200.jpgBeasley Media Adult R&B “Jammin 105.7 (https://jammin1057.com)” KOAS Dolan Springs AZ/Las Vegas has announced multiple lineup changes.
Marlon ‘DJ Thump’ Rice has moved from afternoons to mornings replacing the Steve Harvey Morning Show. Rice has been with KOAS since 2019 after previously working in the market at 88.1 KCEP.
Picazzo Stevens joins the station as Music Director and afternoon host. Stevens most recently served as Operations Manager of Results Radio Redding CA from 2018 to 2020 and has previously programmed KDLW/KAGM Albuquerque, KVYB Oxnard, KISV Bakersfield and was APD of KDHT Austin.

Beasley Media Group announces Marlon “DJ Thump” Rice has moved from his Afternoon Drive and Music Coordinator positions to become the official new Host of the “Thump In The Morning” show (5 a.m. – 10 a.m.) on Las Vegas’ home for Old School and More, Jammin’ 105.7. In addition, radio industry veteran, Picazzo has shifted to afternoon drive from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. weekdays and has added Music Director duties to his current role with the station.
“Having both DJ Thump and Picazzo brings so much to our live and local approach in Las Vegas,” said Vice President and Market Manager Peter Burton. “Both are extremely talented on-air professionals and have been positive additions to our culture. Additionally, their knowledge matched up with Cat’s leadership and direction for the station will provide a winning formula for Jammin’.”
“DJ Thump and Picazzo have proven their passion for the Jammin’ brand, listeners and music,” said Beasley Media Group Las Vegas Operations Manager and Program Director, Cat Thomas. “Their energy, market and music knowledge is second to none and I can’t wait to continue to grow our station into the market leader with these talented personalities.”
“The only job where you start at the top is digging a hole,” said Marlon “DJ Thump” Rice. “I wouldn’t be here without the belief and support from Peter Burton, Brian Beasley, Justin Chase, Cat Thomas & the entire Beasley family. Many thanks also to John Candelaria and Paco Lopez for their mentorship, love, and guidance in helping me grow, so I could rise to the occasion. As the song goes*”Started from the bottom now we here!”
“After a brief run with the Las Vegas cluster back in 2015, it’s a dream-come-true being able to return to the Beasley Media Group in this capacity,” said Picazzo. “Thanks to Operations Manager and Program Director Cat Thomas who has not only allowed me to grow as a programmer but has vastly helped me develop my digital skillset. Additionally, thank you to Peter Burton as well as KVGS and KDWN Program Director Steve Hoffman for their amazing support.”

more (https://radioinsight.com/headlines/228819/jammin-105-7-moves-dj-thump-to-mornings-picazzo-stevens-joins-as-music-director-afternoon-host/)